And The Hits Keep Coming - NOT

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
royclough
RRF Consultant

And The Hits Keep Coming - NOT

Post by royclough »

This was the fourth single on RCA in 1972, fifth if we count a re-recorded version of Needles and Pins, that was released,this should have been a hit with airplay but sadly they didn't get any. Could never understand why RCA insisted on them re-recording all the big hits. One album was released on RCA called Second Take

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: And The Hits Keep Coming - NOT

Post by jps »

The live version on L&M's On Stage is a great one, but here is the studio version:
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Give me The Searchers version anyday not because I am obviously a fan but they stripped the version down from L&Ms overindulgent version which in my view you lose interest in about half way through
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I suppose we can chalk this up to my growing up with L&M's version; this is the first time I have heard The Searchers version, so I ma not used to hearing it this way. 8)

I should spend more time listening to this and get in in my head, only then can I make a valid judgement call for me. :)
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I always enjoyed L&M's Vahevala, but like the Searchers' version better now that I've heard it. Who did it first? :?:
All I wanna do is rock!

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”