RRF Consultant

Re: That Was Then This Is Now

Post by royclough »

Searchers then and now

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Roy: Thanks for these recent clips. Saturday Night Out is one of the first songs I heard of The Searchers in the mid 1960s. It is a great number although I suspect that the drumming is not quite as difficult as Chris Curtis made it out to be in the movie. :lol:

Spencer James does an excellent rendition of Running Scared in your recent clip. I love his vocal tone and easy delivery. I also respect and appreicate the energy and enthusiasm that I see in each of his performances.

Two great clips, spanning more than four decades. It seems just like yesterday that I was first introduced to them. One has to wonder how much longer that they will continue to play, even with their new drummer. I cannot imagine keeping up the pace they do year after year.

Here's to another decade of successful performing.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

I believe John McNally is determined to get to the 50th Anniversary which would in fact make him nearly 72.

I am still amazed at some of the gigs he accepts things like flying to Sweden to do 2 nights on a ferry then straight back to do somewhere in England

19 May: FAREHAM Ferneham Hall (solo show)
20/21 May: SWEDEN On board m.v. "Cinderella" Stockholm/Mariehamn ferry & return
22 May: ALNWICK Playhouse Theatre (solo show)
23 May: ILKLEY King's Hall (solo show)
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Tragic history but beautiful music...

royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Still think their original version of Without You is the definitive version of that song thogh Nillson did a great job on that
dbailey62
Veteran RRF member

Post by dbailey62 »

kenposurf wrote:Tragic history but beautiful music...

Poor old Pete Ham. What a great voice and what a superb songwriter. There was so much talent and so many future quality records inside that guy. It's so sad that the demons and Badfinger's management "issues" took the ultimate toll.

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”