What Do You Think Roy?

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

What Do You Think Roy?

Post by kenposurf »

Lots of really good bedroom players out there..recently found this cover of Manchurian Beat..nice job and thought those here might like it :D :D
royclough
RRF Consultant

Re: What Do You Think Roy?

Post by royclough »

Good version here's The Ventures version which I believe to be the original.

Hard to believe two of these guys no longer with us

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Hey! I've got a Yammy like that, George. As a matter of fact, I bought it from you!

I was just messin' with it on Sunday night, A/B ing one of my VOX Pathfinder 15s against my old AD30VT.

(The VT wins, hands down, BTW.)

Those Yamaha surf guitars are engineered and built like a Japanese Mercedes. High-quality, and they go and they stop! A wide tonal palette, too, as they say.
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

jingle_jangle wrote:Hey! I've got a Yammy like that, George. As a matter of fact, I bought it from you!

I was just messin' with it on Sunday night, A/B ing one of my VOX Pathfinder 15s against my old AD30VT.

Those Yamaha surf guitars are engineered and built like a Japanese Mercedes. High-quality, and they go and they stop! A wide tonal palette, too, as they say.
I'm with ya Paul..my main guitar is a '65 Yammy SG2 now..waiting for UPS to bring a SGV 700..Japan only release mode..pretty much like yours except for sunburst body and gold hardware..I'm glad you're playing it ..considering all the axes you have to choose from!
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Here's the original, in fact.

The Ventures' version differs from it, as you can hear, but it's still recognizable.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

kenposurf wrote:
jingle_jangle wrote:Hey! I've got a Yammy like that, George. As a matter of fact, I bought it from you!

I'm with ya Paul..my main guitar is a '65 Yammy SG2 now..waiting for UPS to bring a SGV 700..Japan only release mode..pretty much like yours except for sunburst body and gold hardware..I'm glad you're playing it ..considering all the axes you have to choose from!
That and a second, CAR Yammy with 3 pickups that I picked up on eBay.

These guitars are amazingly-well put together. The pickups are huge, powerful, and solid, the body and neck are finished for fast playing, they feel great hanging around your neck. The vibratos are die-cast and very precise. Great tuners, too. Next to one of them, a Jag or JM feel good, but the hardware on the Fenders feels cheapo.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

well done Sheena have to say I would not recognise it
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Well, tempo is quite different indeed. But it's natural when a waltz is transformed into beat.
It's just i've known this tune well since early childhood (not only very popular here "as is", but also well known as a tune for a joke song about — ahem — animals' troubles). So it wasn't so hard for me to recognize it in that disguise.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”