DoubleThink

Re: Time moves on

Post by DoubleThink »

Why, that's Pia Olsen Dyhr, the Danish trade minister. :shock:
Rics ... and some other stuff....
idealassets

Post by idealassets »

Wait a minute, you did confirm that its Mike Nesmith in that pic? If so, you have to admit one thing, he is still around; which isn't all that bad.

Craig
2007 Guild F412 Blond
2011 Rickenbacker 360/12 Maple
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

It is Mike Nesmith
hamilton_square

Post by hamilton_square »

Well, I now know something today that I didn’t know yesterday - the name of Denmark’s Trade Minister, one “Pia Olsen Dyhr” and thanks to the wonders of Google, what she looks like. And yes, I must admit that she does bear a marked resemblance to the “who is this” lady in question. However, I am sorry to have to tell you that NO WAY is it Denmark’s Trade Minister unless she has a secret life that nobody knows about.
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

Is it Jackie DeShannon?
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
DoubleThink

Post by DoubleThink »

hamilton_square wrote:Who is this?
Her name will come to me ... but, in the meantime, I can tell you that it was at the Belvedere Red party in Orlando just before Christmas last year ... December 13th, IIRC. Memory's starting to get sketchy in my mid-life....
hamilton_square

beatbyrd wrote:Is it Jackie DeShannon?
Good effort - but no
DoubleThink wrote:but, in the meantime, I can tell you that it was at the Belvedere Red party in Orlando just before Christmas last year ... December 13th, IIRC. Memory's starting to get sketchy in my mid-life....
As you say, your memory's starting to get sketchy in your mid-life - because, without giving too much away, you didn't quiet hit the bullseye with your info about when and where the photograph was taken.
DoubleThink

Post by DoubleThink »

I give up. I've scratched my head for days over this. I did learn all about the Belverdere Red events held last November and December, though.

Darn, her face is really familiar.
hamilton_square

DoubleThink wrote:I give up. I've scratched my head for days over this. I did learn all about the Belverdere Red events held last November and December, though.

Darn, her face is really familiar.
Infuriating, isn’t it. However and just for you, when the identity of this mystery lady is finally revealed I’ll post the link to the full photograph and supporting article that details when and where this particular Belvedere Red event took place.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am very intrigued as I have flashbacks that let me know I have seen this face before. But where? :shock:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
DoubleThink

Post by DoubleThink »

hamilton_square wrote:Infuriating, isn’t it. However and just for you, when the identity of this mystery lady is finally revealed I’ll post the link to the full photograph and supporting article that details when and where this particular Belvedere Red event took place.
I have located several pics of her from the event, but none of them indicate individual, date or location. She's here, she's there, then she's with Ms. X, then she's over there. Nothing identifies her. Really shoddy image JPEG ID. I'd consider requesting the guest books for the events, but that's getting wonky intense. Life can be difficult for the RRF sleuth :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Would this be Grace Slick?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
bartyclue
Intermediate Member

Post by bartyclue »

admin wrote:Would this be Grace Slick?
I'm afraid grace is a lot worse for wear looking than this lady
200px-GraceSlick2008.jpg
200px-GraceSlick2008.jpg (9.99 KiB) Viewed 3198 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, I saw this photo but with sunglasses and not knowing when the photo was taken it is sometimes difficult to tell.

hamilton_square

While once stunningly attractive in a 1960s hippy sort of way, Grace Slick did, by her own admission, wholeheartedly embrace the American counter-culture of her generation – you name it, she tried it with her preferred poison for a long time being the bottle and her present appearance shows the cost. Even if she does look the way she does today aged 72 nevertheless, I bet she’s still glad she didn’t go all the way to the end of oblivion road à la Janis Joplin.

This is the Grace Slick I remember waiting to go on the stage at Woodstock at the unearthly hour of 8am on the morning of Sunday, 17 August 1969 …
Grace Slick - Woodstock.JPG

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”