Songwriting Dream

Putting music theory into practice
melibreits

Re: Songwriting Dream

Post by melibreits »

Just re-read this thread, and my goodness.... I'm sorry I've left this hanging like this! I submitted the Song Of My Dreams for inclusion on the RRF 2 CD project, and evidently the Powers That Be decided not to include that one in favor of another song I wrote--even though I thought SOMD turned out way better! But I promise, I will post The Song of My Dreams here soon!

But the reason I came back to this thread is that I had the same sort of experience again, for the third time....

This morning I accidentally fell asleep again after turning off the alarm, and in the 15 minutes that I overslept, I had a dream that I was singing and playing a song I had evidently written as a tribute to my grandmother, in order to encourage a friend. The words and the melody were all there in my dream, and when I woke up I was able to hum the tune, but I could only remember a few of the words, and the general gist of the lyrics. After I got the kids off to school I picked up my guitar and strummed it out, writing down the chords so I wouldn't forget it. The melody is nice, but I still need to recall the words, and right now don't really have the time to do that (too busy practicing for a little gig on Saturday night and for worship team on Sunday morning).... I just love it when inspiration comes to me like that, though... Dreams do matter! :D
melibreits

Re: Songwriting Dream

Post by melibreits »

Without further ado, here it is..... FINALLY! :D

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=386437

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”