Joining my First Band!

Putting music theory into practice
squirefan01
Intermediate Member

Re: Joining my First Band!

Post by squirefan01 »

Thanks! I am looking forward to trying different things now that this performance is over. In the practices leading up to this I did not want to introduce any new variables into the equation, but the first thing I plan to do now is bring the Rick to practice and try it out.
squirefan01
Intermediate Member

Post by squirefan01 »

Update: The band is going great. I am having a blast practicing with these guys (no live shows as we just found a new keyboardist and the drummer needs to take care of some health issues). I started bringing the Rick and using it for all 4-string songs and it really sounds nice in this environment. Once I realized how much it helps to have decent mids & highs in a bass to make sure to cut through the other instruments, and also how the noise I hear when playing the Rick at home will not really be an issue in the live setting, it made a lot of sense to give it a shot. I'm glad I did!!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Cool, Greg!
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Good move, Greg! :D
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Excellent! Keep these updates coming!
squirefan01
Intermediate Member

Post by squirefan01 »

Thanks! I am splitting up my learning time right now, between playing band songs and working on the fretless with my bass teacher. I really love the fretless and hope to be able to play that in shows someday.

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”