jps
RRF Consultant

So, what do you think of this?

Post by jps »

Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Re: So, what do you think of this?

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Jeff: Old post, so a double case of living in the past, but watching "Thick as a Brick" reminded me of the two times I've seen Tull in concert. The first was just before they released the album, so they were still touring Aqualung. That was at Bradley University at Robinson Memorial Field House. I/we crashed the event through a side door. (Crashing concerts was the thing to do in those days.) After dodging security, my buddy was nabbed and ejected, but I was able to watch the concert from the steps up to the stage. Tull was in fine form, played into the night and encored with "Brick." At the time it seemed like they played the whole album, but I wonder now whether they might have played an abridged version similar to the one you posted here. The second concert was in Bloomington, Illinois, after they'd peaked but hadn't yet reached vintage status. The crowd sat on their hands. I do remember that Martin Barre played fabulously.

I was too late to see them with the Cornick/Bunker rhythm section, the "Benefit" version of the band, but Hammond and Bariemore. Aside from Anderson and Barre, and probably Evan, I don't know who was in the band the second time I saw them.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: So, what do you think of this?

Post by jps »

The only time I saw JT was during the Passion Play tour, but I did listen quite a bit to earlier Tull after that when I was at the University of Cincinnati in '74-'76.
Kiddwad57 wrote:...a double case of living in the past...
Funny you should mention this as one time I went to YouTube to post that song on a different thread and came upon another song with the same title by Riverside; that made me buy a whole slew of Riverside CDs as all their music is great. Here is their song Living in the Past:

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”