The forum is screwey for me

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
karl_pando

The forum is screwey for me

Post by karl_pando »

help me! the problem I am having is that I will click on a thread that has like 58 posts in it, but it takes me to the end of the thread with the last five replies or whatever. I can't figure out how to read the start of the thread when it runs over many pages.
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Post by rick_ovic »

Karl,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of helpful members here. When a forum thread has more than ten posts, the first ten are "archived" - like reaching the end of a page in a book. To read the earlier posts, move your side scroll bar up to the top and click where it says "Archive through May 8, 2005" (to the right of the paperclip icon) and you should be in business. This opens up the earlier "archived" page. You can open each archived page by clicking on the date.
'59 425, '59 335, '60 335, '60 360, '60 335F, '60 345F, '64 RM 1999, '65 RM 1998, '65 360-12, '66 335, '67 450-12, '72 4001 '72 4001, '75 4000, '75 4000CS, '00 700S, '01 700C, '01 700S-12, '01 730S-FH, '06 660 DCM
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Karl: Please let us know if you are able to read all threads now. We don't want you to miss anything.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
karl_pando

Post by karl_pando »

thanks guys, it never even occured to me to look at the archive threads link. I am all up to date on the threads now!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Welcome from me too, Karl!

I'm what you might call an 'unhelpful' member - not much knowledge but lots of enthusiasm (and a fair bit of goofing around, too!).

Your profile doesn't give much away - are you an 'owner-driver' or a 'wannahave' (like I was initially)?
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
roadrunners

Post by roadrunners »

Im the conflicting type who will defend paul mccartney's "silly love songs" till my death
"This is my personal quote"
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I wouldn't call your defence of that song 'conflicting', Alex. It was your opinion against others and we all have the right to uphold our own. You handled yourself well throughout the thread, as did the others.

I stayed out of it because I hate the song!!!

But that's just my taste (not an opinion)................ Image
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I share your taste in this matter, Aitch.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Thanguverymush!
dean712
Intermediate Member

Post by dean712 »

Peter - again, superb job on this Forum.

For what it's worth, I'm stuck in a hotel room in the middle of Iowa (gorgeous landscape, but nothing but miles and miles of corn and soybeans), and I am accessing the Forum on some kinda WebTV relic called "LodgeNet," and it looks great, if a little different. Keep up the great work!
roadrunners

Post by roadrunners »

Im joking of course.....But I will always defend the song......
"This is my personal quote"
karl_pando

Post by karl_pando »

thanks guys. For ages I have been a "Fender" man, and have all sorts of gear. But it wasn't until i received a copy of the beatles anthology on DVD that i got serious, serious lust for rickenbacker gear.

but still John Lennon circa 1964 is about the coolest thing going, so I was forced to buy a 350v63/12 off ebay in November last year. It is my favorite instrument at the moment, its got the lennon looks, with harrisons 12 strings and is long scale which is handy.

At the moment I have serious GAS for the mccartney rickenbacker with the upside down headstock, this bass has serious mojo and gets a good outing on the version of Hello/Goodbye where they are not wearing the pepper outfits. But from looking around the place, the fireglo color they have used in the 2005 reissue is garish, the original one paul had was like an autumnglo sunburst. I would love to procure this bass in blueburst or autumnglo.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Ain't gonna happen, Karl, I'm afraid. The nice tones of the wood on the old instrument is from aging of the conversion varnish clearcoat.

There are members of this group who can do refinishes to vintage appearance. Just ask...
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”