Missing posts, split from "We have a new forum"

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Missing posts, split from "We have a new forum"

Post by sowhat »

Sorry, but i have another stupid question... IIRC, my post count on the old forum was over 4500, and now it has - mmm - shrinked a bit, why could that be?
Brian, i didn't realise you were that old. :wink:
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: We have a new forum!

Post by sloop_john_b »

sowhat wrote:Sorry, but i have another stupid question... IIRC, my post count on the old forum was over 4500, and now it has - mmm - shrinked a bit, why could that be?
Odd Sheena, mine is short about 250 posts as well.
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

The amount of posts per user is the actual posts that currently exist,
Unfortunately - some of the archived information is missing, this could be one of the reasons for the missing posts.
Second reason - discus never said how many posts you had - it simply incremented the number with every new post, if Peter decided to delete a thread in which you had 100 posts - discus didn't decreased the number. The new counting will NOT show it as it displays the actual amount of posts.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

I don't mind the way the forum looks now, just some getting used to. My only question is why did I lose almost 300 posts?
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Joey: The old software went through a number of upgrades. Further it but did not keep track of those threads that were removed in an accurate manner. Changing versions in the upgrades also produced some errors and even duplicate accounts at one point. We still have a couple of other old topic areas that we may add to the data as well which contains additional posts. I preserved all that I could. The move to the new software has demonstrated that there were inaccuracies in the old data. I am sorry for this loss of information. Trying to manage a database this large is difficult and errors occur. This is one of many reasons why I decided to go with the new format.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”