Email notifications - Now working

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Email notifications - Now working

Post by gibsonlp »

Hi,
I modified the forum a little bit, now instead of having the email notifications telling you that there is a new message - you also get the content of that message.
Additionally - The messages will not stop after 1 notification, but rather continue forever.

Please note that notifications are NOT sent to users that are currently logged in, if you are online - you are online and can check it yourself, the idea is that once you are away - you can still receive information about what's going on.

Please note that I am still trying to figure out if there is a limit to the length of the posts emailed, so I need feedback from you guys.

Enjoy.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Email notifications - Now working

Post by admin »

Gil: Very nice work. We have now, for all practical purposes, returned to all of the features of the original forum and more.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

I take it this is activated by subscribing to a forum or topic?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That is correct Chris.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Thanks Gil and Peter I prefer that FOR ONE.
shinynewtoy
Intermediate Member

Post by shinynewtoy »

Most awesome.

You both have done incredible work!!!!
What do you mean the Bass is too loud???
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I'm subscribed to most of the Forums ("C" Series, Basses, Guitars, etc...). I'm also subscribed to a few threads within those forums. Does email notification work for both forums and threads, or just one and not the other?
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

It works for both.
Alas - if you are subscribed to a specific forum - there is no point in subscribing to a thread within it.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Curmudge: I see that you subscribe to notification. You must be feeling more a home. It is hard to believe for me that it has only been a week since we moved to the new format.

Please also note that there has been a third theme added which some will recognise as an older version of this software. It is, at least to my eyes, somewhat easier to read than the newer colour scheme.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”