A New Forum Name (The Groove Yard)

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: A New Forum Name (The Groove Yard)

Post by kiramdear »

Thank you, Richard. I wonder if Brian was aware of this when he named the new section.
All I wanna do is rock!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Hi Kira,

Yes I was aware of that connection but this is the real reason that I chose the name for this section of the forum. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=390588&p=564551&hi ... rd#p564551 :D

Since they both spent their entire adult lives in the music business I am quite sure that Les and Fred would have been well aware of the connection that Richard refers to. Of course the preceding comment will only make sense if you have read the story in the link I have provided.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Oh, yes, now I remember that story. I wonder if Wes and company had any connection to the club.
All I wanna do is rock!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Wes Montgomery had no connection to the club Kira. But he was a household name with those of us who liked jazz and were active in the music business in B.C.. Les, Fred and Red would have been well aware of his work.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
Tron55

Post by Tron55 »

awsome name

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”