Marketplace Forum Restriction For New Members

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
admin
Site Admin

Marketplace Forum Restriction For New Members

Post by admin »

Just a quick note to inform RRF visitors that new members will required 100 posts before gaining access to all RRF Forums under the Marketplace grouping.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT BY GIL: please note that the number is now 30 and not 100 as originally planned. A word of caution though: nonsense posts will be removed, the idea behind this restriction is to let forumites know the new user better before any financial interaction, boosting your post count for the sake of boosting your post count will get your post deleted and a warning will be issued.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
MattB

Re: Marketplace Forum Restriction For New Members

Post by MattB »

Can you please clarify? Does this mean anyone with under 100 posts regardless of registration date? Does it apply only to members registering after 1/28/10? More importantly, for those of use under the limit, what are we missing? :?
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Matt, can you see the topics under the Rickenbacker Marketplace section (Rickenbacker For Sale, Rickenbacker Appraisals, Rickenbacker Wanted, Rickenbacker Online Sightings)?
Ka is a wheel.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Matt you were a member before we put that control in place. You are not missing anything. If you have any other questions send me a PM.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
MattB

Post by MattB »

Thanks. I was just curious and thought other new(er) members may be wondering the same things. Yes, I can see all four categories, providing I remember to login! :wink:
legato

Post by legato »

Although I don't disagree with this policy and I understand why it's in place. I just hope this dosen't lead to alot of 'spam' postings.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

This site is being monitored 24/7 by a diligent group of moderators. Spam is not tolerated and user accounts will be deleted where instances do occur. They have been very rare in the past I must add.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
legato

Post by legato »

Good to hear. :D
jamfanman

Post by jamfanman »

here goes post number 1,

not against rules per se, just curious as to why suddenly introduce such a rule.
most new members are obviously discluded regardless of their actual interest and potential future imput, :( whilst some older members benefit from automatic inclusion though they may have submitted no posts. :D

love to know reasoning behind decision, regards
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

We have had recent problems with potential scammers so this was put in to place to protect our members from being ripped off. I hope you understand that this is for the good of all our members in the long run. 8)
jamfanman

Post by jamfanman »

i take it you mean in selling stuff,
thats cool, problem i have is i tend to browse for info rather than have info to submit. don't wish to ask the same question that may have already been dealt with, though this decision will push me out of the shadows,
thanks for answer, best of luck with the site which I am enjoying,
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tim: We do not pretend to have a perfect system. We have decided to implement this restriction and we have to start somewhere. It is our hope that new members will understand and be patient with us. Your comments are well taken.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jamfanman

Post by jamfanman »

hi Peter, yes i understand your reasons from above and it will not put me off.
as i say i enjoy the site.

I did notice that my 1st ric was registered inside the deadline, does 'eddy' get full access LOL

best trergards and thanks for sorting the other issue, regards Tim
thedanielwilliams

Post by thedanielwilliams »

I'm a brand-new member--this is my first post. Is there a test forum where I can post to work toward the minimum? I don't want to overwhelm the board with irrelevant posts, and I'd hate to wait as long as it might take me to generate one hundred posts. I'm curious about buying some gear, though!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Yeah, this is a potential problem with the restriction, not even knowing what's for sale, etc. Anyway, the "test forum" is probably just the actual forum, I think the intent here is to have new people post a fair amount of stuff just so we can all get a feel for what you're about. If you "spam" the forum with a bunch of irrelevant stuff, you probably won't make it anyway.

So, I'd suggest reading a lot of posts and commenting on those subjects that interest you, etc. Feel free to ask questions about anything too, it's a great way to learn a lot. I'd think if you're really interested in buying something, you could even make a post asking if anyone has something available (I'm not sure if you can get to the "wanted" section), be prepared for people to say the post should be in the wanted section, so say since you're new, you can't see it yet. You'd be surprised at how fast you'll get to 100 posts.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”