Marketplace Forum Restriction For New Members

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Marketplace Forum Restriction For New Members

Post by admin »

I agree Sheena or perhaps those who are too impatient to stick it out. I think it is a way to assess motivation to a degree. On the downside, I am bothered by changing a rule that many had to follow to get access to the Marketplace in the first place.

P.S. Sheena we are now up to four instruments in the Register from the Russian Federation.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jamfanman

Post by jamfanman »

cant believe this discussion is still going on after nearly 2 years, i think,
i suppose i does ensure that there is a period of time for posters to contribute however this willl obviously be reflective of their ability and willingness to contribute,
myself ive enjoyed reading and hopefuly learning from the wealth of knowledge on the site, but its painfuly slow to get to 30 when youre inexperienced about the technicallities of rics and have little time for browsing, or are not used to chat room type conversation.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tim: Thanks for your comments and also for hanging in there. Please note that there are other topics beyond Rickenbackers that increase your post count as well. Old topics never die, they are just recycled on the RRF. :lol:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jamfanman wrote:cant believe this discussion is still going on after nearly 2 years, i think,
i suppose i does ensure that there is a period of time for posters to contribute however this willl obviously be reflective of their ability and willingness to contribute,
myself ive enjoyed reading and hopefuly learning from the wealth of knowledge on the site, but its painfuly slow to get to 30 when youre inexperienced about the technicallities of rics and have little time for browsing, or are not used to chat room type conversation.
On the other hand, this does show how you are truly interested in the forum for what it really is all about vs. those posters who accrue 30 posts in a day or two and then post 31 is a FS/WTB post. I think that is more telling, in the long run.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tim: What have you liked best about your experience so far or what has kept you around?

jamfanman

Post by jamfanman »

i think the whole site is excellent, trying not to sound to groveling, registered at the ric site but always drawn here. the register is fascinating especially where pics are included, great to compare similar models paint and wood patterns, also the diversity of topics. always something to dip into.
only suggestion i would have for purely selfish reason would be whether there was a call for lefty area. would volunteer myself but could never find time to do it justice unfortunately .

keep up the good work, Tim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks and with this you are now at 30 posts. Congratulations. Please PM me your address and I will send you a set of strings. Do they have to be left-handed? :lol:

jamfanman

Post by jamfanman »

On the other hand, this does show how you are truly interested in the forum for what it really is all about vs. those posters who accrue 30 posts in a day or two and then post 31 is a FS/WTB post. I think that is more telling, in the long run.
if you catch me in the for sale section it will mean that the wife has discovered my log in details and is cashing me in, LOL
jamfanman

Post by jamfanman »

admin wrote:Thanks and with this you are now at 30 posts.
thanks Peter, must disappear now as have been driving all night (work) and need to catch up on sleep.

regards Tim
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

jamfanman wrote: if you catch me in the for sale section it will mean that the wife has discovered my log in details and is cashing me in, LOL
Does she accept Mastercard? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The best things in life aren't things."
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

sowhat wrote:I'd say, the 30 posts rule only helps "identify" those who are in no way inclined to play by the rules.
What rules would that be, then? Your argument makes no sense without either any clear description of these rules you refer to, or the means how one can identify in 30 posts they are not inclined to follow the rules.

If you mean forum rules: why would people only interested in the marketplace break any forum rules? When I had more than 300 posts I still hadn't seen or read the forum rules... and yet I still didn't break any as far as I remember! If you mean unwritten marketplace rules on decent sales transactions, I doubt 30 posts will identify those people.

The only rule newbies are currently interested in breaking is exactly the 30 post rule... they do so by posting their Wanted or For Sale threads all over the place.

Anyway, I got to go back into the cold storage now to train for my free summer holiday with Peter this summer :mrgreen:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Werner with a rule I place it gives forum members the opportunity to see how new members respond to an obstacle. Some will, as in your case, be understanding and respond with humor and make suggestions about how things could be changed. Others will feel hard done by and will ask for a special deal or simply leave. But Sheena has a good point in that we get the chance to see how they handle themselves.

Maybe they stay too for the Canadian holiday package. :wink:

ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

Don Cherry.jpg
Peter your package is on its way.
"The best things in life aren't things."
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

What if we made the forums available to be viewed by anyone, but no one could post their own ad there until 30 posts? I think all of us here will do our homework before shipping a guitar to someone with 4 posts, but with a money order or a cleared paypal payment, there is no risk to the seller. This would give new people a chance to see how it worked, and give our current members access to more potential buyers who may be looking to buy their first Ric.
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
8mileshigher

Marketplace Forum Restriction For New Members

Post by 8mileshigher »

Hmmmm ...... This seems to be the topic that never gets put to rest .....
There are very divergent views amongst the Forum members, that have been expressed over the many pages of this thread :?

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”