30 Post rule. Really??

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
MyBBruce

Re: 30 Post rule. Really??

Post by MyBBruce »

I didn't realize there was a rule. In fact it let me in to the marketplace to look right away. Today was the first day I saw I couldn't get in. 30 posts is no big deal. Some forums say 30-60 days. Besides how is it fair for a new person to come in and use the Marketplace to buy or sell and than post no more until they need it again. Another forum I belong to requires a fee.
Rickenbacker 350V63 325C64 Jetglo Ric 620 FG Fender Masterbuilt Tele, LaCabronita , Crook Pink Paisley Relic, Lentz DB HSL, Martin 000-18

Dr Z Zwreck Dr Z Maz 18 NR Vox AC15 HW
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your understanding Bruce and Welcome!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
HeavySoul

Post by HeavySoul »

Hi,

I'm new here as well. I'm looking to learn a bit more about Rickenbackers as I'm thinking of getting a 330 in the near future. The only problem I have with the 30 post rule is that it is likely to take me the best part of 6 - 12 months to get that many posts (I typically like to lurk and read up on things and only post when I need advice or have something to add to the conversation). Also it is a little ironic I can buy from the non-RIC marketplace without 30 posts but I'm here because I am interested in Rickenbacker guitars! :wink:

Cheers,

Chris.
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

HeavySoul wrote: I'm new here as well. I'm looking to learn a bit more about Rickenbackers as I'm thinking of getting a 330 in the near future. The only problem I have with the 30 post rule is that it is likely to take me the best part of 6 - 12 months to get that many posts (I typically like to lurk and read up on things and only post when I need advice or have something to add to the conversation). Also it is a little ironic I can buy from the non-RIC marketplace without 30 posts but I'm here because I am interested in Rickenbacker guitars! :wink:
Hi Chris. I like to think that there are more than enough places online for the average joe to buy Rickenbacker products. eBay, Pick of the Ricks, the official RIC boutique, etc. This is a community of friends, people who sell in the Marketplace here do so confident that it will go to another enthusiast, who has hung around and participated long enough to show a genuine intrest. That also makes things alot safer for the seller, since it typically weeds out people who are just going on a fishing expedition.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

It should only take about an hour or so to get to 30 posts. Just surf around and compliment people on their pictures, it's that easy. We're not exactly asking for War and Peace here. :shock:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Hey Chris, welcome to the RRF! Yeah, it's really easy to get 30 posts, all ya gotta do is try. And what better way is there to get to know the folks on the forum (and to let them know you) than to ask a few questions, comment on things that interest you, and other such easy stuff.

So, come on in, kick yer shoes off, say "Hello" to a few more folks, have some fun, and you'll have 30 posts before you know it...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
HeavySoul

Post by HeavySoul »

Spike- wrote:Hi Chris. I like to think that there are more than enough places online for the average joe to buy Rickenbacker products. eBay, Pick of the Ricks, the official RIC boutique, etc. This is a community of friends, people who sell in the Marketplace here do so confident that it will go to another enthusiast, who has hung around and participated long enough to show a genuine intrest. That also makes things alot safer for the seller, since it typically weeds out people who are just going on a fishing expedition.
Hi Spike,

I understand completely and I'm not exactly going to rush into buying another guitar at the moment but I am keen to learn more about what is likely to be my next gear related purchase.

Cheers,

Chris.
HeavySoul

Post by HeavySoul »

jdogric12 wrote:It should only take about an hour or so to get to 30 posts. Just surf around and compliment people on their pictures, it's that easy. We're not exactly asking for War and Peace here. :shock:
It shouldn't take long if I respond to each reply to my original post seperately as well! :D Thanks for advice!
HeavySoul

Post by HeavySoul »

cjj wrote:Hey Chris, welcome to the RRF! Yeah, it's really easy to get 30 posts, all ya gotta do is try. And what better way is there to get to know the folks on the forum (and to let them know you) than to ask a few questions, comment on things that interest you, and other such easy stuff.

So, come on in, kick yer shoes off, say "Hello" to a few more folks, have some fun, and you'll have 30 posts before you know it...
Hi CJJ,

Thanks for the welcome, I have to say it appears to be one of the friendliest gear related forums I have frequented! I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about Rickenbackers (and buying one in the not too distant future as well).

Cheers,

Chris.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Welcome to the forum, Chris!
Spike- wrote:This is a community of friends, people who sell in the Marketplace here do so confident that it will go to another enthusiast, who has hung around and participated long enough to show a genuine intrest. That also makes things alot safer for the seller, since it typically weeds out people who are just going on a fishing expedition.
Yep, that's exactly it. If it was up to me, it would be at least 50 posts. :mrgreen:
Besides, the best place to learn about the 330 would be in the Rickenbacker Guitars Forum of the RRF.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
HeavySoul

Post by HeavySoul »

rickenbrother wrote:Welcome to the forum, Chris!

Besides, the best place to learn about the 330 would be in the Rickenbacker Guitars Forum of the RRF.
Thanks for the welcome rickenbrother. You know I hadn't noticed the the Rickenbacker Guitars Forum! Thanks for pointing it out to me. :D
I'm struggling to understand the breakdown of all the sub-forums at the moment :oops: as I haven't had enough time to poke around here properly.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

HeavySoul wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:Welcome to the forum, Chris!

Thanks for the welcome rickenbrother. You know I hadn't noticed the the Rickenbacker Guitars Forum! Thanks for pointing it out to me. :D
I'm struggling to understand the breakdown of all the sub-forums at the moment :oops: as I haven't had enough time to poke around here properly.
Chris -- welcome to the RRF. :)
Also don't be afraid to try out that little Search function, up at the top Right Hand corner..... it will lead you to many interesting and informative topics/postings and threads on just about anything related to Rics or particular Ric models.

In addition if you just don't know where to "start" browsing, I would suggest the Rickenbacker Photography section or any threads where members have posted pics of their Rics. That should get you started in the right direction ....
HeavySoul

Post by HeavySoul »

8mileshigher wrote: Chris -- welcome to the RRF. :)
Also don't be afraid to try out that little Search function, up at the top Right Hand corner..... it will lead you to many interesting and informative topics/postings and threads on just about anything related to Rics or particular Ric models.

In addition if you just don't know where to "start" browsing, I would suggest the Rickenbacker Photography section or any threads where members have posted pics of their Rics. That should get you started in the right direction ....
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the welcome and advice. The Rickenbacker photography section sounds like a great way fuel my G.A.S, whilst I'll thank you I'm not sure my wife will! :D

Cheers,

Chris.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

jdogric12 wrote: We're not exactly asking for War and Peace here. :shock:
We're not? Wait, I forgot, this place is more like LotR anyway :lol:

30 posts is easy - there's so many topics where you might put your two cents in!
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
redamber

Post by redamber »

When I joined the Forum about 10 months ago, I thought the '30 post' rule was unreasonable.....but, having acquired a few Rics in the meantime and having finally got round to actively participating in the Forum, I can see the many merits of interacting with the members of the family of Ric enthusiasts, rather than just accessing a marketplace. In fact, my knowledge and understanding of the Ric product range has increased significantly in a very short space of time as a result.

As it happens, the topics under discussion are all pretty interesting and I have chalked up my first 16 posts in a few days without any difficulty - oops, there goes another post!
Santa visits only once a year, but Santa Ana delivers Rics all year round.

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”