IMG size issue

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
xsubs

IMG size issue

Post by xsubs »

I've tried to post some images a couple times now, and even though they are within the specified size I continue to get an error message. The error message(s) about maximum width (800px) and height (600px) seem to be incorrect, as my photos are sized under that dimension.
Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!
Sean
Rickenbacker '64 & '68 4001 basses ♦ Fender Pre-CBS J & P Basses and 1968 Telecaster Bass ♦ Moog Taurus III Bass Pedals ♦ Hiwatt (Hylight) Amplification
"A good bassist determines the direction of any band."- Ron Carter
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: IMG size issue

Post by jps »

Are you attaching them or linking to a photo site?
xsubs

Post by xsubs »

Hey Jeff
I'm linking to Photobucket. Have you seen this before? It happened once to me, in the past, and without any resizing worked after hitting the submit button several times. Strange...
Rickenbacker '64 & '68 4001 basses ♦ Fender Pre-CBS J & P Basses and 1968 Telecaster Bass ♦ Moog Taurus III Bass Pedals ♦ Hiwatt (Hylight) Amplification
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Sorry, I can't help with those off-site servers, that is why I asked. I attach images here so they become a permanent record; I have seen many posts where an image that was on a hosting site was gone.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

jps wrote:Sorry, I can't help with those off-site servers, that is why I asked. I attach images here so they become a permanent record; I have seen many posts where an image that was on a hosting site was gone.
+1

I also prefer that the images be posted in the thread itself, not linked.

FWIW, I use the freeware FastStone Photo Resizer to resize my pictures. I use the "maximum pixel dimension" advanced option, and when the program resizes the picture, it indicates the new kb size which I then check for compatibility; if the resized image is too big, I just do another resizing with a smaller maximum pixel dimension.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
xsubs

Post by xsubs »

Thanks Gary... I ended up just doing attachments anyway. I was just curious why I was getting the error messages, as the pics were clearly within specifications.
I prefer to use an offsite provider, such as Photobucket, as I can share photos on multiple sites.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I understand your point clearly, Sean! If I had to share my Mini-Con pictures on more than one site, I'd probably do the same! :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”