Strange Login Issues

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
Grey
Advanced Member

Strange Login Issues

Post by Grey »

So, something odd happened today. Usually, i'm always logged in on the forum and it saves my info. Sometimes, due to cookies getting deleted or what have you, I have to enter my login information again. No big deal. So today, I visited the forum and was logged out, only when I went to log in, it said I had used the maximum number of login attempts for my username and would have to enter a security code. It could be a glitch, or it could have been someone trying to login under my name?
winston
Membership Admin

Re: Strange Login Issues

Post by winston »

I'll have to let Gil field this question Erik. Unless you had engaged in multiple login attempts, I have no idea what would have caused the login message that you described.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Unfortunately phpBB doesn't provide me with any information regarding failed logins...
It could be that someone tried using your username, there are even automated bots that try to bruteforce forums, if it happens again - please let me know.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Erik: During a previous session did you attempt to make some changes such as your email address?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

admin wrote:Erik: During a previous session did you attempt to make some changes such as your email address?
No, I haden't messed with anything in my profile.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If Gil's hypothesis is correct, it underscores once again the importance of a secure password.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”