Infected page...

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
Halbert

Re: Infected page...

Post by Halbert »

Used to be. And still to some extent I suppose. Wiki "Botnet" and you can see how they use things like this to wreak havok on commercial and government websites and networks. They can be used as instruments to aid in credit card theft, other types of data theft and denial of service attack, etc.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Well, yeah. I hadn't thought about the outright criminal activities that go on...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

No disrespect intended but, hackers in general need to get a life. :roll:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
DoubleThink

Post by DoubleThink »

winston wrote:No disrespect intended but, hackers in general need to get a life. :roll:
Amen.
Rics ... and some other stuff....
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

winston wrote:No disrespect intended but, hackers in general need to get a life. :roll:
It's OK, I think the current crop of hackers deserve any disrespect they get. I "got a life" close to 30 years ago, yeah I suppose I'm a "reformed" hacker, though sometimes, I miss the fun of it, but in reality, there's just a lot more fun things to do in life than sitting in front of a computer... Oh, wait, :shock: WHAT am I saying??? OK, yeah, I spend at least 10 to 12 hours a day on a computer (or 3), but at least I'm well paid these days...
:roll: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

WAIT! You get paid CJ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

winston wrote:WAIT! You get paid CJ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I do...
:mrgreen:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

cjj wrote:
winston wrote:WAIT! You get paid CJ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I do...
:mrgreen:
Well I never. I must have missed the bit about getting paid to do this. :mrgreen:

8mileshigher

Infected page...

Post by 8mileshigher »

Was it ever determined who or what the source of that virus was ?
I can't remember this happening on the Forum before. :( Are we safe going forward ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Rich: The virus was in a jpg file. The first here ever to my knowledge. I would say a solid virus protection is important for all of us all the time.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
8mileshigher

Infected page...

Post by 8mileshigher »

admin wrote:Rich: The virus was in a jpg file. The first here ever to my knowledge. I would say a solid virus protection is important for all of us all the time.
Noted and thanks, Peter.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

admin wrote:I would say a solid virus protection is important for all of us all the time.
An up-to-date browser and a patched OS would be enough actually. Pictures with bugs in them was a Windows issue like 2 or maybe 3 years ago!
Was the picture actually analysed what triggered the infection notification? Maybe the picture just wanted to go viral :mrgreen:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

Solution: Get a MAC!
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

manta wrote:Solution: Get a MAC!
Get a life :mrgreen:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
redamber

Post by redamber »

As a relative dinosaur in all matters involving computers, I have to confess that I don't even understand about 70% of this thread.
It reminds me of the time, back in 1999, when my (then) 8-year old son asked me if one could not simply take some medicine to ward off the threat of the Millenium bug! Sometimes, these kids are brighter than you think.
Santa visits only once a year, but Santa Ana delivers Rics all year round.

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”