SITE GOING DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: SITE GOING DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE

Post by rickenbrother »

gibsonlp wrote:The old forum theme, prosilver and the subsilver theme are back for now.
I would appreciate suggestions and "building" comments.
For example - does everyone like the way the main site looks now? if yes - does it mean you simply don't like the forum's "inside" (bluish theme, etc...).
Or... Do you think the red bar on the top doesn't look good. etc...
Thanks for bringing the old forum theme back. I didn't like the washed-out bluish theme or the red buttons. I also missed the post card graphic at the top. The slightly larger avatars with the rounded corners were cool.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
Seans
Intermediate Member

Post by Seans »

rickyfricky wrote:
Seans wrote:
Electrostring wrote:Jonathan, you need to adjust the settings under "my board style":

ucp.php?i=165
Ahh, that's better, I was reaching for some extra anti depressants.
Did you bring enough for the whole class . . . ? :lol: 8)
:lol: , well as long as we keep it smooth I think I can make it.
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

Just reset back to the old standard. This latest forum change reminded me of the "New Coke" fiasco. Fortunately, "Classic" was available in a timely manner, in this case.
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

There has certainly been some interesting opinions about the change, most of them very conservative indeed. It's nice that people care, although not so good if they feel that their life is detrimentally affected by a change in a forum hue. I've always used the blue setting anyway - beige and maroon reminds me of cheap business printing...one colour print only, but you can have a colour paper too!

I'll carry on using the new version as a change is as good as a rest...two observations about it though, increasing the number of clicks to features (Register etc.) is not recommended for any site and Search should never be buried at the bottom of a long page.

Thanks to Peter and Gil for their hard work here.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

godber wrote:Search should never be buried at the bottom of a long page.
Oh, that is where it went! The footer looks HUGE compared to the header of the page... somehow the footer looks better than the header -maybe the header can go grey background as well?
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

Electrostring wrote:
godber wrote:Search should never be buried at the bottom of a long page.
Oh, that is where it went! The footer looks HUGE compared to the header of the page... somehow the footer looks better than the header -maybe the header can go grey background as well?
Like.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Can't say I like this new sterile environment very much...

It's like we moved from Frank Lloyd Wright to Mies Van Der Rohe with no chance to say good-bye to the old house...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Paul you can go back to the future by selecting the old forum theme. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jdawe

Post by jdawe »

gibsonlp wrote:The old forum theme, prosilver and the subsilver theme are back for now.
I would appreciate suggestions and "building" comments.
For example - does everyone like the way the main site looks now? if yes - does it mean you simply don't like the forum's "inside" (bluish theme, etc...).
Or... Do you think the red bar on the top doesn't look good. etc...
Thanks for all your work on this, and for restoring the old look as an option. In an attempt to be constructive, here are some of my main dislikes about the new look:

(1) I'm not crazy about blueboy as the dominant colour, but I particularly don't think it works visually in combination with the red buttons and top bar, and with the yellowish colour that serves as the background for quotes;

(2) I like the new red top bar OK on its own, but I'm really not a fan of the new logo with the reversed "Rick" as a design.

(3) from a navigational perspective, I found it very useful how with the old-style board clicking on the logo in the top bar takes you back to the main board list of contents. I thought this is a lot more useful than the new setup where clicking on the logo takes you to the "About" page.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

jdawe wrote:I'm really not a fan of the new logo with the reversed "Rick" as a design.
I actually like it!

My monitor settings must be different as I don't have yellow back ground in quotes - they look grey to me! :shock:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
bosco64
Veteran RRF member

Post by bosco64 »

All is right with the world again! :D As always, thank you Peter and Gil for all your hard work to make this place the best forum on the interwebs... :D
"Keep smiling, keep your mouth shut, and nobody gets hurt!" :mrgreen:
Don't bust Mike's chops...
'05 4003 BBR; '99 4001V63 FG; '96 4003S Trans Blue (custom refin from Paul W.)
wim
Intermediate Member

Post by wim »

Somehow the new logo reminds me of the Sturm - Ruger company logo.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Very happy back on my subsilver, thanks!!!
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

OK, I give up. Where's this button for the old forum? I still have the new one. :?

Also, when I click "Store" there is the new CD and that's it. I kind of thought it would link to the CafePress products too, which I can't seem to find at all now.

Is there any plan to put all the RRF stuff under one roof?
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tim you'll find the Old Forum setting under Board Preferences in the User Control Panel.

We will have links to all RRF products under "one roof" in the near future.

Sorry for the delay but these things take time. I also have to take time off to shovel snow. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”