Future Forum Form?

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
admin
Site Admin

Future Forum Form?

Post by admin »

As I look move the forum to its new home, I am wondering what major topics should remain and what ones should be reduced. I am not looking for more work however, all things being equal, I am inclined to reduce the number of topics. There are some that are used often and will certainly remain, but others have limited posts. That does not make them less important but perhaps not as efficient as they could be.

While the time available to me may to permit extensive changes, your comments would be welcomed in this endeavour. A number of you have made comments from time to time, so here is your chance to discuss them.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I, for one, think that one of the following three topics is sort of redundant: Announcements, Rickenbacker General, and The Others. Most likely the Announcements and The Others topics can be combined.

Perhaps the Rickenbacker Related Websites can be combined into the Rickenbacker General topic.

I am curious why the 325 has been singled out for the Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models topic. Maybe all vintage instruments should be covered and the Rickenbacker Appraisals topic could be combined into it. Or two Vintage topics, one for guitars, which would also include bantars, banjolines etc. (skinny strings!), and one for basses (fat strings!).

Just my $.02 Image
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

I would tend to agree with Jeff's rearrangement ideas...

Make that $.03 Image
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

My only 'advice' on the matter is this: I think the Forum has always worked well for it's users, and I suppose it could be possible to over-analyze the peformance of the current format, wanting to add here, wanting to cut there, etc...

If it works well for all, then we may want to leave it alone and just continue to enjoy it. It's a great place.
242_foxtrot

Post by 242_foxtrot »

Peter, I agree with John.

John, it was nice meeting you and Bobkat(Pick of Ric, booth), at the winter Philadelphia guitar show. Any new buys?

Paul
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

Hi Paul. Yes, the meeting was much too short--WAY too much going on at that show. There's always next year!!

Nothing new in the Rickenbacker dept, although I just bought a Gibson Mandolin for a musical project..
242_foxtrot

Post by 242_foxtrot »

Hey John. What type of Gibson? I 've been thinking of buying either a 50's-60's Gibson a-type(w/p-90 or without).
dave4004
Veteran RRF member

Post by dave4004 »

I have no problem with the forum as it is now, but since you asked:

1. Rickenbackers and Strings seems redundant. There's more discussion of bass strings in the Basses forum than the Strings forum, and the same is probably true with guitars.

2. Announcements, Forum Comments, General and Registration Page could all be combined into one General forum.

3. Rickenbacker Related Websites doesn't need to be a forum, it could just be a links page, either on the forum page or the main page site.

4. It would be nice to have a forum about amps and effects to replace the Toneman forum.

5. Many of the threads in the Vintage 325 forum aren't about vintage models at all, but about reissues. You could consider changing the C Series forum to a "Vintage Reissues" forum, and the threads about vintage short scales could be part of the regular Guitar forum.

6. Could the Liverpool Project forum be merged into the Beatles forum?

Just food for thought.
rictified

Post by rictified »

I think we all probably have our favorite topics, but I kind of like "The Others" as a separate topic, where else here could have I published my famous first experiments on backwards toilets on the other side of the equator? I don't think this post is going to help my cause any though.
But seriously I think each topic has it's own merits and all seem usefull to me even if not used a great deal.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks to one and all for these great comments. My goal has been to create a place where people can talk about the Rickenbackers and music they love in a forum where they don't have to worry about being treated harshly by others. I hope to continue this practice in a similar form at a new location.

ISPs, have rules that are difficult to comprehend sometimes that makes moving difficult. as an example "we have a maximum file cap at 3400."

Am I out to lunch to think that this rule is not practical or user friendly? Maybe I have spent too long on the Forum and am not thinking straight. A size limit I understand. A file limit, I don't.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
zekmoe
Veteran RRF member

Post by zekmoe »

I'd add a vote for a Ric Acoustic forum. Acoustics are new product, whereas the amp forum is simply collecter stuff. There isn't any action outside of that. Not sure how often it grows or relevant it is to the average Ric buyer. I have 4 Rics, and plan at least 3 more, but have no interest in any older Ric amps. But a 760....

Bob
He is a Binkolas.
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

Would discussions on 360F's be involved in an acoustics forum? If so, I vote for an acoustics forum because I have a lot to discuss about 'em....
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
jsm610
Intermediate Member

Post by jsm610 »

Discussions about 360F's? Where?

Let's discuss!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Did you just buy one? I like the body style of the earlier ones more than the later ones. The deeper cutaway is just perfect.
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

I'd LIKE to buy one....but nobody seems to want to part with theirs.... Image
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”