Rickenbacker Forum Has 50,000th Visit Today

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
winston
Membership Admin

Re: Rickenbacker Forum Has 50,000th Visit Today

Post by winston »

Well shortly after his first post I received a PM from him so I feel that I was more able to make a more accurate determination as to his single mindedness and his intentions. He was most definitely not interested in participating in our forum in a positive manner. Let's leave it at that.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

As usual,

I was asleep at the switch. :oops:

Seems I missed all the excitement. :(
harborcoat26

Post by harborcoat26 »

Thanks for the info Brian. It's quite clear that he just wants access to the marketplace. I do understand that this forum is a community of Rickenbacker lovers, and that the marketplace is a perk to community members only, and for good reasons.

I just try to give people the benefit of the doubt. And since the moderators, whom I trust, have not cancelled his account (as far as I know) I wanted to try to give him a second chance. Yeah he went about it the WRONG way, but the guy just wants to buy a Rickenbacker.

And I respect that after he received 3 pages of rebuke and "get lost" from everybody he didn't slither away, he didn't accuse anyone of being an elitist snob, and he didn't stoop to name calling (btw he wishes a bunch of people Happy Birthday out of context and there's an uproar, members show him (a member) "apparent disrespect" and no one says anything).

If he's bad news then get rid of him, otherwise he should be treated with the same respect that all members deserve.
1987 360/6 Mapleglo w/black (retired)
1998 360/12 Jetglo w/white
2008 360/6 Amber Fireglo
2003 Vox AC30HW Limited Edition
1965 Vox A.C.10 Twin

"Damn, the STUFF - stuff is my weakness!" Dale Gribble
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Do the math Brian: He brashly and intentionally irritated those who manage this forum + ignored good solid and pleasantly delivered advice + ignored blunt comments from the membership + broke the rules by changing his real name = no longer a member. Simple as that.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
harborcoat26

Post by harborcoat26 »

I'm not challenging any of your decisions. I do trust your judgement. I didn't know he was no longer a member, nothing was ever written about that. It is for the best!
2008 360/6 Amber Fireglo
1965 Vox A.C.10 Twin

8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Time to move this thread on .... :) :wink:

Brian G, can you tell us a little about your "Retired" 1987 360/6 ? I would much rather read about some cool topic, like your vintage guitar, then rehashing about that disruptive incident.

CJ ---- how are your nice Steel guitars weathering the Montana cold-front :( this week ?
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

They're doin' just fine! The I've got lots of fire wood so the house is nice and warm.
Actually, it's pretty warm here today, got up to 44F...
:D

The 768 is pretty well torn apart for a thorough cleaning and a fix to a small crack in the wood...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
harborcoat26

Post by harborcoat26 »

Thanks Rich! :wink:

The retired Rick, that's actually a very... boring story. I bought it brand-new in '87, finished paying it off with HS graduation money. Thrilled with it for years (played on and off) until I purchased an AC30 a few years back. It always seemed too trebly and ice-picky. Thinking it was the amp I changed tubes etc until I realized it was the guitar. That's were RickResource comes in! I joined looking for help and the nice folks here helped me: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=392365

Then last April, while browsing the web looking for a 325C58 JG I came across a new 360 AFG!
See here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=394289
I purchased it thinking I'll sell the old one 3 weeks later at the Dallas show, or whichever guitar I liked least. I thought the AFG looked and sounded better. It was the sound I was looking for. However my wife and my brother both told me "you can't get rid of your old guitar! That's your first Rickenbacker! Keep it" And they were right so I put it in the closet for someday the kids are big enough to play and maybe enjoy it. The way prices are going up it will be too expensive and I'll be afraid to hand over a new guitar to them, but this one was only $625 in '87 - man I feel old!
2008 360/6 Amber Fireglo
1965 Vox A.C.10 Twin

8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Brian G. -- that's a great story and your links to the other threads were very, very interesting. :D Your wife and brother gave good advice about hanging on to your "first" Ric !!! And for a $625 investment, you are smiling all the way to the bank to hold onto it ! It's also evident that "good taste" is a strong genetic trait in your family, that you and your brother both own cool Rics and Vox amps !! 8) 8)

CJ --- I'm very surprised to hear it was mid-40s temp when you were having such cold blasts not too long ago. I didn't realize you had such variations at those elevations. Amazing....
harborcoat26

Post by harborcoat26 »

Rich - your picture is kinda fuzzy, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that your playing a 360/12 MG?
2008 360/6 Amber Fireglo
1965 Vox A.C.10 Twin

8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

The avatar pic is a 360-12 FG, Arnquisted and with a 12 saddle Bridge and Scatterwound Toasters
My others include an '81JG 370 WB 2 High Gains and an HB1 in the Bridge
a 660-12 JG with Toasters
a 330 FG with High Gains
a 650A (Atlantis) Turquoise with HB1s

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”