Ric Forum T-Shirts

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

I hope it's "soon" ,as my official RIC shirt....well, you can barely read the Rickenbacker inscription on the front and back, lol!! I've only had it 8-10 months and it's now in the tattered category.....

It's my favorite everyday, relaxing, mowin', pettin' the dog, playin' the bass, all-purpose shirt...my "blanky", if you will.... Image
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim
bmi_guy

Post by bmi_guy »

Pauls says: My theme for the t-shirts was to include RIC historic elements and tie everything together with a shot of a "modern" Rick. Hence Tom's 360: a modern, historically correct reissue of a classic Rick, identifiable even to non-Rick people.

You wanna pix of my 430 - huh - doya, doya??
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Ummmm......I'll have my people call your people.

Michael, was it you who asked me if I knew Muddy?
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
bmi_guy

Post by bmi_guy »

Well, I thought you said you knew Muddy from your Chicago days...
I was wondering if it was THE Muddy Waters?
If so, can I have your autograph??

Hey - the 430 is the epitomy of historic elements! Well, sort of...
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

The reason I asked you abut it is I remembered that you had asked before and I had never answered; got busy and moved on to other posts. No harm intended.

Yes, I had a friend in Chicago who was a blues fan as I was. In fact, we were, if not fanatics, certainly close to being. And the music scene in Chicago in the '70s was still raw and the blues could be seen being performed on street corners, as glorified in the Blues Brothers movie. But, again, much rawer.

Every Sunday, weather permitting, we would go to Maxwell Street, which had a large outdoor market selling everything from barbecue and vegetables to stolen car parts. It was there that we saw many up and coming blues musicians playing on the sidewalk with tiny amps run off extension cords coming out of doorways.

Each Thursday night we would go to the Wise Fools Pub, on Lincoln Avenue and Altgeld, where Muddy would play all summer long. This was a small neighborhood bar, only a block down from the Biograph theater (of Dillinger fame), which bar didn't even have a stage. Muddy would play right in front of us at floor level, six feet away because we always made sure to get there early, appreciating the gift which was being bestowed upon us! My design studio at the time was located 1/2 block away from Wise Fools.

Muddy got to know us that summer on first name terms, always greeting us by name and occasionally sitting at the table to share a gin and tonic. I remember him with a bright red Tele and a band that was just loose enough. Or maybe we were, after 5 or 6 gin and tonics!

We also would go to Eddie Shaw's on Roosevelt Road to see Howlin' Wolf and Willie Dixon.

Nowadays it's been milked to death. Muddy of course was "rediscovered" by Johnny Winters in '78 or so (I believe) and died in '83. I had moved to California by then and held a memorial barbecue with lots of gin and tonics in his memory.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
bmi_guy

Post by bmi_guy »

Very cool... I'll bet those are some great memories. I'm not a big blues fan (BB King kinda stuff) but Muddy was a talent I really enjoyed and respected. Very inovative - really - way ahead of his time!!
Thanks for sharing the info.
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

Thanks for the story, Paul!

I was very much into the Blues and listened to nothing but the Blues (spanning from Bessie Smith and Robert Johnson to SRV and Robert Cray) during my college years. I hadn't come back to bass playing yet then and was always playing Blues licks on a Fender Telecaster after school. Muddy ranked among my top list with Willie Dixon, T-Bone Walker, Albert and B.B. King.

Rest in peace, Muddy Waters, King of Chicago Blues!
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Amen, Paul. He should still be recording. Died way too young.
― Kurt Vonnegut
lowendbob
Advanced Member

Post by lowendbob »

Hey Paul, Any word on the t-shirts?
It was in the low 80's here in the northeast yesterday. It's t-shirt weather. Image
Buy it before someone else does.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Low '80s, huh? Well, not for long...

Wurd. Very soon on the guitar t-shirts--I'm waiting for the pilot batch to arrive so I can pull the trigger on them. April 19 or 20th as it stands right now.

The art for the bass shirts is still a couple of weeks off, so we're looking at mid-May on those.

These are Hanes, tagless (no neck itch!), 6.1 ounce, 100% cotton. 4-color printed, Rick Forum logo on front, Rickenbacker art on back. Available in Mens' sizes up to XXXXL, Womens' sizes up to XXL. Price will be $13.99, but $16.99 for XX-XXXX. That's manufacturer price to you--no markup taken. You will be able to order direct and I'll post the URL and some good photos as soon as I get the pilot batch in.

Limited availability, per agreement with RIC and Peter.

Thanks to one and all for your patience.
― Kurt Vonnegut
goldenoldie

Post by goldenoldie »

Paul, Can you post a pic of the graphic design?
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Sounds great, Paul! Be nice to see them when it's all done.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Music is too important to be left to professionals.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Cool! Lokking forward to these.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

...me too!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Count me in, too!
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”