Ric Forum T-Shirts

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
eddied
Veteran RRF member

Post by eddied »

As long as we can get a 4000 series picture, I'd order a couple.
Rick bass fanatic. I own and play several professionally. I have a passion for the S models.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Eddie, now's a good time to once again clarify;

There will be TWO shirts. One for guitar and one for bass.

The bass shirt will have plenty of 4000-series stuff to look at!

The guitar shirt is nearly ready to release, and the bass shirt is about 2 weeks off.

The shirts will sell for $13.99, and nobody except the manufacturer (who has no relationship to anybody here or at RIC) profits. Extra large sizes will be $16.99.

Each style will be available in men's and women's versions (the womens' are fitted).
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
wayang

Post by wayang »

Hey, Paul...kinda hilarious that I hadn't checked out this thread 'til now, as I'm also a designer...the shirts sound really cool.

I wonder if you might be interested in a little project I've been working on just to entertain myself...I'm between contract jobs, and I've got to do something to keep from checking my auction every five minutes (frowny face)...

I'm working on 3D models of my 4001F and 4080 in autocad...the 4001's almost done...I'll see if I can post an image or two after this post. The cool thing about these models is that once theey're done, all kinds of images can be generated from them...changing finishes, lighting, etc., are very easy...any kind of bitmap or texture can be overlaid on the neck/body. Talk about fantasy Rick's! Anyway, it occurred to me while reading this thread that you and the rest of the forum might be interested in what could be done with this kind of imaging. Autocad only creates bitmaps, TGA's or tif files, but I can convert them to JPEG's and manipulate them a lot in Photoshop (hope to be able to get my own version soon, so I don't have to bug my graphics friends to borrow theirs).

It's just basses for now, but I could certainly produce 3D's of any model Rick, in any color/finish...and the images would lend themselves to a variety of collectable items. I've thought about doing posters of various models, with specs., production years ,etc.

Of course, just as you're doing, I wouldn't dream of putting anything out there without J. Hall's blessing...I can't afford to put the time in on the artwork for nothing, but after it's in your hands (or whoever's) it's all yours...what do you think? Is it worth pursuing, or at least discussing further? I realize it's too late for this t-shirt run, but the Forum catalog may be only just beginning...

(ok, I'll try sending in a couple...remember, the model's still under construction, and this is just an unmanipulated tif file...rough draft, like they say)
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
wayang

Post by wayang »

Kinda hard to get under the 36 kilobyte window...I think I've got it figured out now...ImageACADRick1
Rick_4001F_2.tif (28.6 k)
wayang

Post by wayang »

Ooops...ok, I'll figure this out...Image
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Contact me off-list. My e-m is on my PROFILE.

Thanks, Dane.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”