Control knobs for B6

Exploring the beauty and tone of Rickenbacker Lap Steels

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

solidbody

Control knobs for B6

Post by solidbody »

Just wondering if anyone has any of the old style knobs for bakelite steels. My first choice is a hex shaped one and second choice is the round black one with the arrow. I have an otherwise very clean instrument with a broken and partly missing knob. Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kenny: While we are waiting for Richard to respond to your question, I would try service@rickenbacker.com. They have quite a number of older parts and may be able to assist you.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rshatz
RRF Consultant

Post by rshatz »

Finding these old knobs can really be difficult. Since the ones you are looking for were only produced prior to World War II, it's not likely that you will be able to find them as replacement parts. I have never seen the hexagonal knobs anywhere except on the early model B instruments.

A number of years ago I found two of the round ones with the arrow on them on an old ham radio. I used one of them to restore a pre-World War II Rickenbacher Model 59. I can't seem to locate the other one. If I find it, I'll let you know.

You might try looking at radio knobs for sale on eBay, as there are always many of these for sale, usually at very low prices. Good luck.

Return to “Rickenbacker Steels: by Richard Shatz”