To Richard/ siver hawaiian photos

Exploring the beauty and tone of Rickenbacker Lap Steels

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

flavour

To Richard/ siver hawaiian photos

Post by flavour »

G'day Richard( and anyone else who cares!! :D ) . As promised, here are some photo's of my silver hawaiian. Just keen to find out what year do you think it may have been manufactured. All the siver hawaiians I have seen have black and white knobs and a metal head plate......and this one has the opposite. Could it be possible that it predates these other models or is it more likely to be later. My line of thinking is that they may have constructed this earlier without the thought of discerning between volume and tone with colours(ie, black and white). You would think that that would be a post creative thought......what do you think. Just to reiterate, it has a 1 1/2" pick up and original Rickenbacher spelling on the decal and the head stock number is D 1659. Cheers and sorry it took so long, it was very hard to compress the photo's....Jason
Attachments
IMG_5065.JPG
IMG_5057.GIF
IMG_5056.JPG
rshatz
RRF Consultant

Re: To Richard/ siver hawaiian photos

Post by rshatz »

Jason,
That's a beauty.
I've never seen one with a decal logo before. I think all the later Model 59s had them.
The knob color is really inconsequential as replacement knobs in either color were available at the time. The white ones are really hard to find, since they were probably only made before WW2.
The s/n of your Silver Hawaiian is the highest I've seen. That in combination with the decal logo indicates a later production date.

Return to “Rickenbacker Steels: by Richard Shatz”