STEEL PLAYERS WANTED!

Exploring the beauty and tone of Rickenbacker Lap Steels

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

walker
Advanced Member

STEEL PLAYERS WANTED!

Post by walker »

... for the 2nd RRF compilation CD! Some of you may have seen the announcement posted last August. Just a reminder - the deadline for submissions is Nov 1st. As it stands, there are NO LAPSTEELS on any of the songs that have been submitted thus far! This is a sorry state of affairs! I'm hoping that some of you out there have a song or two you'd like to toss in the mix. The first RRF CD didn't have any lapsteel representation; I'm hoping we can remedy that this time around.

More details:

viewtopic.php?p=470228&f=10#p470228
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: STEEL PLAYERS WANTED!

Post by sloop_john_b »

The song I'll be submitting has lap steel, not a Rick though. :(
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: STEEL PLAYERS WANTED!

Post by jps »

sloop_john_b wrote:The song I'll be submitting has lap steel, not a Rick though. :(
Your banished to the corner for 20 minutes! :twisted:
walker
Advanced Member

Re: STEEL PLAYERS WANTED! STILL!!!!

Post by walker »

You guys are KILLIN' ME! There's one week left to submit songs for the RRF CD 2 compilation, and not ONE band with a steel player has sent anything in! I am crestfallen and baffled! Are there REALLY no bands out there with lapsteels, pedal steels, or otherwise who have recorded original music they care to submit? It's not just a rock thing - I'm looking for Country, Bluegrass, Hawaiian, Folk, Malaysian Bark Ritual Music, Good-Timey Music, Bad-Timey Music, WHATEVER! And I'm especially looking for stuff I've never heard before. So fear not - musical discrimination if such a concept is stunting your enthusiam.

Or perhaps it's a personal issue. Is there bad blood between the lap players and the standy-uppie guys? A rift perhaps? A falling out? A clashing of egos? "Artistic Differences?" If this is the case, I humbly apologize for all acts I've perpetrated against my fellow Rickenbrethren, inadvertently or otherwise, and I'l go as far as to even apologize for the stuff that OTHER people have done, too, whatever that may have been. I'm your scapegoat for the day, gentlemen - so jump on this train to redemption while you can!

So let's bridge the gap between the two Rick-string worlds and converge on the field of music (or in this case: DISC of music) displaying harmony within song as it SHOULD BE! ("Bridge the gap"... there's a potential guitar/horseshoe pickup pun in there somewhere, I just haven't mined it yet... ah well. Better left untapped. Puns are stupid, anyway.)

~AND~ one last piece of incentive: The first band with at least ONE RICKENBACKER lapsteel featured in their song is *GUARANTEED* a slot on the album. 'EH? Who's your buddy NOW? That's right! Remember me when pulling the lever on Nov 4th.

OK. Enough said. You've got a week, so get crackin.'

M
W

Return to “Rickenbacker Steels: by Richard Shatz”