50's Console 518 Steel - Sale and/or Trade.

Exploring the beauty and tone of Rickenbacker Lap Steels

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jpittman

50's Console 518 Steel - Sale and/or Trade.

Post by jpittman »

Hey all,

Just wanted to post this here before I go to Ebay... it's been a while, but I finally getting this up as I don't play this enough. I'm not much of a steel player, but got this as a project a few years back. I'm in need of some cash (grad school is wiping me), but would also consider a decent 6-string steel (more my speed) as a straight-up trade or partial trade (don't tell the wife).

Ric Console 518 from the mid-50's. The guitar has been restored to the point that you see it in the pics. It was basically devoid of the pickups when I got it, but almost all the hardware that's there is original. It's got a couple of Jerry Wallace True Tones in the 8-string positions, and nothing set up in the 10 - I just never had a need to use it. I have the tuning pegs, and peghead cover for the 10-string and all you really need to do is put a pickup in and string it (the wiring is all present to connect it). I'd also like to get a 6-string lap steel (nothing fancy), so would debate trading (again, don't tell the wife) if something reasonable was offered.

I have lots of pics that I can send anyone if they are interested and will answer whatever question I can.

Let me know if anyone's interested,
Cheers.
jp.transient@gmail.com

DSCN8834.jpg

Return to “Rickenbacker Steels: by Richard Shatz”