Help! What is my Model G worth

Exploring the beauty and tone of Rickenbacker Lap Steels

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

tatigringo

Help! What is my Model G worth

Post by tatigringo »

In the 1970s my then wife gave me a Model G (or G deluxe) lap steel for my birthday. It was and is in very good shape, some of the grit on the bottom to keep it from sliding around has worn off, and the jack is very tight (but fully functional). On the other hand the gold plating is all in place, it works beautifully, and I still have the plush case (also in great shape). I am a bit embarassed to admit that about all I have ever used it for was to play "Freebird" (lol) in bands during the 70s and 80s - it has a silvery piercing tone that is magnificent. Now for the question, what is it worth? I am thinking of auctioning it, and haven't a real clue as I have never seen this model for sale or auction elsewhere. It is always described as the top of the line and the most expensive in the 1950s, but I don't know how that translates into current value. Any thoughts?? Thanks!
tatigringo

Post by tatigringo »

Oh yeah, it is a six string, and as far as I can tell with original components (but the nobs are cream colored, which is different from most photos I have seen).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Richard: In good condition the Model G sells for somewhere in the $500 US range, give or take $100.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
tatigringo

Post by tatigringo »

Thank you! Considering it only cost my then wife $50 in 1972 (even allowing for inflation) that is pretty good.

Return to “Rickenbacker Steels: by Richard Shatz”