Hello I'm new

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

alexstron

Hello I'm new

Post by alexstron »

Hi,
Im sure this is probably posted somewhere but I couldn't find an answer.
Does anybody know how many of the Rose Morris models which were produced during the sixties.
It just seems that when they surface the dealers seem to want a fortune for them.Are they that rare?
I own a 325 jg jl sig series and a 360/12 V64 fg does any one know how many of these were produced?
Kind Regards
Alex
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

Hi Alex...Well, I assume you're referring to the RM1996 (325). One figure floating about has the total shipment of these to possibly as many as 200. Having said that, only a fraction of that number have been accounted for, and undoubtedly you will get varying degree of responses as to how rare they really are. I think they're rare to a degree, but they're hyped a good bit due to the Beatle connection. Prices should be at their highest for the earliest examples and best condition.
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Hey Alex, sorry, no insights on numbers, but wanted to say "Welcome!" Very nice and helpful folks here (and unlike me, many very knowledgeable!)

Sounds like you have some pretty nice guitars there!

Bill
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."
alexstron

Post by alexstron »

Thanks for that guys..........has anyone seen this capri on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&item=290036872730&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Regards
Alex
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

Post by studiotwosession »

Alex, the number (RM1996...325) published is 201, with another 100 plus 325s being made for the US market (not including those made in a 14 month period or so in 67-68, which I'd guess to be another 50 or so but that's pure speculation.
This is off the record

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”