Sound quality etc.

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

corona11

Sound quality etc.

Post by corona11 »

wut do u think about the tone, sound, and playability of this guitar?
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

wut?
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For me the classic sound of the Rickenbacker 325 is best achieved with the combination of the neck and bridge pickups. I could get close to this sound with my Model 350 when it was toaster equipped, but not quite. There is nothing quite like this jangle.

I have played a 325 on a number occasions at a friend's, however, I could not get used to the smaller scale of this instrument and suspect it would take me a while to adapt.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

u?
j_gary
Intermediate Member

Post by j_gary »

sup?

Trouble with my big paws on the itty bitty, teeny wheeny, tiny neck.

Love Lennon's sound.
I'm just happy to be here.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The sound you get from the 325 also depends on the wiring under the hood with the vintage components and wiring being somewhat different from subsequent reissues. The toasters are key as well and they have changed to some extent over time. Having the neck and bridge pickup configuration is important to attain the classic jangle in my view.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

Post by studiotwosession »

Hi gains also sound great in a 320 (which of course could easily be a 325 if you changed the tailpiece.)

What I Like About You has one of the most memorable intros of any new wave era songs and it was played on one.
This is off the record

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”