V-91

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

larrywassgren
Veteran RRF member

Post by larrywassgren »

Thanks for the kind words Ron. No problem, we all love this stuff! I didn't know I was probably included in a three-way scam. You didn't know me that well at the time and I know how the mind worksImage I've been in that situation a few times over the years too. Glad it all worked out. That guitar looks great today. I admire guys like Dale who have that talent. Enjoy that cool old '58.
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

Post by studiotwosession »

Yoko lives a few blocks from me. I wonder if she'd let V81 go to a neighbor who would truly appreciate it.
This is off the record
ratso

Post by ratso »

Larry,
I hope you did not really feel I thought you were in on a scam! I meant that usually when something is too good to be true, it is! In this case the guitar showed up, was what it was said to be and priced at musch less than market value as well! Thank God. That's one of the reasons why I feel blessed today.

Glen, I visited the outside of the Dakota when I was in NY. I would give my eye teeth to visit the inside of that apt. and play thee 325!! P.S. Enjoyed visiting with your '66 when it was parked at Dales!
larrywassgren
Veteran RRF member

Post by larrywassgren »

No Ron, I figured you could sense I wasn't a thiefImage You didn't tell me it sat at the neighbors for a few days, that would be troubling. You and Glen will have to fly to Japan if you want to see V81 as it's in the John Lennon Museum there. I saw it two years ago and it was awesome to stare at for a couple hours. I would think it's the most valuable guitar in the world.
ratso

Post by ratso »

I don't know how you could pull yourself away after a couple of hours. If only guitars could speak! I'm sure V81 would have a lot to say and I bet Larry would have a few questions for it (ha-ha). I wonder if and when it will make its way back to the States.
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

Post by studiotwosession »

That's a great guitar, Ron. Glad you got to see the '66, and I'm glad to have a pic or two of it side by side with yours. Other than the guitars that are broken in half, I think his work on the '66 is one of Dale's best achievements. It needed a miracle and he delivered.

And yes, I doubt that any of John's guitars are in the neighborhood these days.
This is off the record

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”