Wanted: 325V63 or V59

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

HeyJude1

Wanted: 325V63 or V59

Post by HeyJude1 »

Hey Everyone!
I'm brand new to this forum, but I figure if there anyone that can help me - it would be you!!! I've been looking for a Ric 325V63 or V59 for a while and I can't seem to find one. I tried the previous discussions that you all had, but it looks like they've all been sold. Does anyone know where I can go to get a Rick?
Please let me know - I'd appreciate any info =0)

Jude Montoya
"Would the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands, and the rest of you all rattle your jewelry!"
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: Wanted: 325V63 or V59

Post by doctorwho »

Welcome to the Forum!

I keep my eyes open for Rickenbackers of any kind for sale, so if I run across a v63 or v59 for sale, I'll let you know. Do you have a budget set?
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
HeyJude1

Post by HeyJude1 »

Hi Gary!
Thanks for the kind welcome! I'm thinking realistically, I won't find one for under $2k. So, around there would be ok. I already own a lefty Hofner '62 and I always wanted a Lennon Rick. In return, if you're looking for any unreleased Beatles material - I have TONS of it...dvd's cd's etc. I've even met Paul McCartney!
Take care and thanks again for everything!

Jude
"Would the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands, and the rest of you all rattle your jewelry!"
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Welcome aboard, Jude. I'll be keeping my eyes open for you as well. Check eBay everyday, you're bound to find something. Good luck!
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Hey, Jude! (Can't believe I'm the first one to do that :D )--welcome. I keep the short scales on my search tools and will let you know if I find something. There seems to have been a little spate of them, it'll run in waves. Keep the faith!

Sam Ash is currently carrying two c58s on gBase, a different beast obviously, but just wanted to let you know they're there. No idea what they're asking...

Bill
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Jude, there is a v63/c64 on eBay with under a day to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RICKENBACKER-MIAMI- ... dZViewItem

Current bid is only around $1000 ... I'll cross my fingers!
HeyJude1

Post by HeyJude1 »

Bill, Gary, and Jake!
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I appreciate you guys looking out for me. Man, I checked out pretty much every site today and no luck. The one on Gbase is $3299! OUCH! Too much dough. Do you guys think the C series one on Ebay is a scam? I remember it being up there months ago. It just seems kinda fishy since the dude only accepts wires. I work at a bank and I know those can't be retracted. Maybe once tax season starts, people will start putting them up if they need extra money. I really hope to find one soon, though.
I love the short scale on those...it really makes playing the blues chords on stuff like "Roll Over Beethoven" very easy!!!

Jude
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Jude, I didn't notice the 'bank transfer only' thing ... I'd be leery of that one, too.
wittyair

Post by wittyair »

Jude.....just bought one....email me if you're interested!
info@wittyair.com
Craig Witty
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Craig, dang, you must be up early in the AM--that one showed up in my Ebay search this morning, and by the time I opened the mail, you had it!

Congrats!

Bill
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I saw it last night and came so close to hitting the BIN. I had forgotten this thread ... had I not, i would have snagged it for Jude!
HeyJude1

Post by HeyJude1 »

You guys are the best! Thanks so much!!! I almost got one at Norman's Rare Guitars, but a guy bought it the morning I called!
Rick325man

Post by Rick325man »

Pick of the Ricks will occassionally have a 325V63 or V59 for sale. Chris at Pick of the Ricks is a really good guy to deal with. The website is www. pickofthericks.com. In fact within the past few months he has had a 325V59MG and a 325V63 come up. Good luck in your search and welcome to this forum. I am a newbie to this forum also!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Welcome too, Krish!
HeyJude1

Post by HeyJude1 »

Welcome, Buddy!
Thanks for the tip! I have to keep my eyes peeled. Craig...if you're still up for selling yours - I'm in! If not, it's cool...I'll just keep the hunt going. There's a nice 325v63 on Ebay right now, but it looks like the tuners have been switched out for Gibson ones. No big deal...It's just a $50 fix!

Jude

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”