Rickenbacker 325v59 help please

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

deaconblues
RRF Consultant

Re: Rickenbacker 325v59 help please

Post by deaconblues »

Can you leave it blank? No idea how you'd get the serial now.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

The guitar could most likely be dated (to the year) by looking at the potentiometer codes. When you register the 325, just leave the serial number blank.
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Hi David, just to echo what some others have added to the discussion--I seriously don't think you have a copy, I think you have the real deal whose previous owner put considerable effort into "Lennonizing" in order to make it as close to JL's first 325.

How's it feel and sound to you?

Bill
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

wj350 wrote:Hi David, just to echo what some others have added to the discussion--I seriously don't think you have a copy, I think you have the real deal whose previous owner put considerable effort into "Lennonizing" in order to make it as close to JL's first 325.

How's it feel and sound to you?

Bill
hi wj350
the guitar is great. this is my first ric so im learning about it as i go. im a huge beatle fan (john is my fave) so this is my dream guitar im thrilled to have it. i have to say tho that its not just a guitar. as ive learnt from being on here and asking about before i bought this, rickenbackers are works of art i didnt realise how much goes into these guitars they are incredible not just any guitar for sure i love it. taking me a while to get used to the short scale but im getting there and changed my strings from the 12s to 10s (i know its not recommened) i just found the 12s a bit too chunky for now. it hasnt caused any neck or tuning issues and find them easier to play. and i love that its been "Lennonized" cos thats exactly wat i always wanted a guitar just like his so im a happy beatle fan :D
"I want "humberdinker" pickups in it. Im a rhythmer, I dont know nothing about these things, Im a rhythmer" - John Lennon
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

David: I would begin a detailed search of previous owners.

Also I would submit some photos here as well. Many of us have been around here for a decade now and have seen Lennon conversions discussed over the years with photos on a number of occasions.

Someone may recognize the instrumental and hence the original owner.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
deaconblues
RRF Consultant

Post by deaconblues »

Good idea, Peter...the pictures are on page 1 of this thread and there are some more detailed ones later.

A fully-Lennonized lefty 325v59MG...might be the only one the world! (Or at least outside of Japan! :lol: )
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

dpowell wrote:Good idea, Peter...the pictures are on page 1 of this thread and there are some more detailed ones later.

A fully-Lennonized lefty 325v59MG...might be the only one the world! (Or at least outside of Japan! :lol: )

u guys are making me wonder if i should just keep it in its case and not touch it if its going to be that rare lol i will post some more detailed pics today for u
"I want "humberdinker" pickups in it. Im a rhythmer, I dont know nothing about these things, Im a rhythmer" - John Lennon
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

hi guys heres some more pics. sorry if they look the same as the others ive posted. i just took anything and everything lol
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
Last edited by BeatleJohn on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

some more
Attachments
8.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
Last edited by BeatleJohn on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

a couple more. this guitar come from japan and the case doesnt close. only the middle latch works if this helps lol im not too worried about finding the serial number or anything just have a look at it and let me know wat u guys think.
Attachments
10.jpg
9.jpg
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Very nice, David. Looks much like my '97 Jetglo 325V59 which I Lennonized. I notice that the base of the bridge on yours has not been filed down where it meets the pickguard. Do your strings line up properly on the fretboard with it like that?
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

beatlefreak wrote:Very nice, David. Looks much like my '97 Jetglo 325V59 which I Lennonized. I notice that the base of the bridge on yours has not been filed down where it meets the pickguard. Do your strings line up properly on the fretboard with it like that?
yes it all seems to line up fine i dont see wat yr talking about
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

David, thanks for the cavern pin from your recent trip to Liverpool! It's got pride of place up amongst my rather small Beatle collection. Greatly appreciated. Cheers. :D
PS Email sent.
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

gregga41 wrote:David, thanks for the cavern pin from your recent trip to Liverpool! It's got pride of place up amongst my rather small Beatle collection. Greatly appreciated. Cheers. :D
PS Email sent.
yr welcome greg glad u like it :D
ps email sent lol

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”