bowtie bridges...

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

RAV84

Re: bowtie bridges...

Post by RAV84 »

Hi, I'm new.
I just wanted to say that steal or not, the cheapie bowties (those intonated for a plain G) have a taller top (or saddle) than the ones compensated for a wound G.
V59's have a different neckset that C58's and only for that reason I'd recommend the cheaper version for V59's since it'll work better than the one compensated for a wound G.
Now, if you have a C58 I'd go for those quite a bit more expensive, since the top will work perfectly with that neckset.
My 2 cents...

RB.
kieran campbell

Post by kieran campbell »

sry to bring up a dead thread but would a cheap bigsby ( Plain G) work on a 330 with an accent (335) ?
Sign the petition- http://johnlennonday.com/
kaleb2470

Post by kaleb2470 »

Yeah. For sure. Just get someone else to install it if your not VERY experienced with body work and routing.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I just installed a wound G bowtie on my 325V59 and it works perfectly. I did have to grind the end of the base plate down a bit where it ran into the pickguard, just to get it in the best position. I'm very happy with the result; intonation and tone are great. It was only about $30 from Elderly, too. 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
parker_knoll

Post by parker_knoll »

if anyone knows where i can get a bowtie bridge compensated for an unwound G i'd be delighted. I've never seen one anywhere.

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”