Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

DoubleThink

Re: When looking for natural finish

Post by DoubleThink »

Rics ... and some other stuff....
Melma

Post by Melma »

I shall have to keep me eyes open then! It's torturous when I spot cheap ones in overseas classifieds because there's no way to get at them, haha.

In your experiences, am I likely to ever find one for less than 2 grand? (Bearing in mind that I won't panic if shipping pushes it slightly over).

Also - welcome to the young fella!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Scotty, if you can find a model 320 from the Eighties, I would recommend it highly. They commonly sell for well under $2000 USD, even as low as $1200. If you can negotiate an overseas purchase and do a little customizing it could be the end of your search. These are like the "Miami" model sans vibrato and with hi-gain pickups. And they are killer little rocker machines.

Now, natural finish on these is another question, I can't recall seeing one in mapleglo ... but you can always refinish.
All I wanna do is rock!
Melma

Post by Melma »

Yeah I've hummed and hahh'd over that option. Not sure how I'd feel about refinishing it myself, and in the interest of saving money I really wouldn't want to have to pay to make someone else do it.
DoubleThink

Post by DoubleThink »

kiramdear wrote:a model 320 from the Eighties ... They commonly sell for well under $2000 USD, even as low as $1200.
I would love to have one of these .. though my wife might disagree. Thank heavens calmer heads can prevail. Do these wee little axes really come up that often? I'm up in Canada & I very rarely see them here. I've seen one in the past 2-3 years and it was bursting through the 2k mark easily.
Melma

Post by Melma »

There's one for exactly 2000 on eBay at the moment (not sure what the postage would be). I'd have grabbed it already but I'm really not sure about what I'd do when it comes to 'naturalise' it, haha.
DoubleThink

Post by DoubleThink »

Wow! That Rickenbacker 325 (320) Azureglo is sweet!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rickenbacker-32 ... 564740aa9d

Sure, can't get that to CDA anytime within my budget :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lol, the wife just walked into the room, said "Hmmm", turned around & walked out.

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”