Photos of the original bridge from John's '58 325.

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

larrywassgren
Veteran RRF member

Photos of the original bridge from John's '58 325.

Post by larrywassgren »

I recently met with Johnny Guitar's wife Margaret who is a great friend and wonderful lady. I took some photos of John's original bridge from V81. If anyone is interested, I need some help posting them here as I'm completely lost when it comes to this stuff on a computer. All I can do is type! Thanks in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please email them to me Larry. I will be pleased to post them.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here is the V81 Bridge. Perhaps you might wish to explain the notes.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Larry, what would you say the bridge plate is made of? Aluminum?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I don't think it is aluminum judging by the rust on it. The bridge on my 4005WB is similar and it feels too heavy to be aluminum; mine has no rust on it as it is in good shape.
larrywassgren
Veteran RRF member

Post by larrywassgren »

Hello John, the bridge plate is aluminum just like on my original V106. It's light as a feather and that's what I remembered from the first time I held it in 1994. Also it was the first time I'd seen such an early bridge(hadn't bought my '58 325 yet) and I noticed there were no screw holes for a bridge cover. Those came in 1959. Also, notice there's only one original factory screw left in it, John must have strummed the heck out of that '58 on those first two long gigs in Germany(plus the Liverpool gigs) before changing to the bow-tie bridge in August of 1961. I'll explain the list later Peter, I've got to get to the ski hill now!

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”