My contribution to 325 mania! (pic)

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Clifton

Re: My contribution to 325 mania! (pic)

Post by Clifton »

kennyhowes wrote:My first Ric 6-string was a straight 320, "R" tail and all, from about 1980. It's lonnng gone (traded it towards a 350, also long gone) BUT I just picked this '81 up for a great deal, AND it's already got a B5 on it!

P.S. I don't think I'll trick it out Lennon-style - there's a lot of those out there right now, and who wants to be like everyone else? Image

Better pics soon.
I agree, Kenny--there are a lot of Lennon-style 325s out there. And I think the B5 works a little better than the Ac'cent, at least in my experience. My Jet-glo Model 1997 came with an Ac'cent originally, but it would creak when I used it, and the bridge pickup was just microphonic enough to pick it up. But once I switched to the B5, the problem was alleviated.

Nice guitar! I'll bet it sounds and plays as good as it looks!

PS--I like the single Beatle Boot in the background!
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

Clifton wrote:Nice guitar! I'll bet it sounds and plays as good as it looks!
I bet it does too - sold to a forum member a while back, unfortunately. I'd love to get it back.
Custom53

Re:

Post by Custom53 »

glen_l wrote:I managed to find a photo of my 320JG. It's actually a 1990 model. This is how it looks now, aside from the replaced selector switch. I agree with what has been said about originality. I don't believe in doing anything to a Rickenbacker that could not be completely reversed if required. Unless you count melting solder.

The reason '91 came into my head is that '91 was the year Rickenbacker finally ceased production and removed from the pricelists the standard models 310-325 after 33 years.

The re-issue models continue on from strength to strength of course.
Wow...! That is the Exact Ric I have been looking for for years.. Alas I have not been able to find one yet..
glen_l

Post by glen_l »

The '90 320 is still here and doing well. I ended up putting the original toggle back in place so it would be completely original :)
Attachments
1990 320JG with '64 AC10 SuperTwin
1990 320JG with '64 AC10 SuperTwin

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”