Most Requested Songs At The Club

Discuss the early days of the Club with the manager.
admin
Site Admin

Most Requested Songs At The Club

Post by admin »

Geoff: While each band had its own set list, I am wondering if you recall some of the more popular songs requested at the Club. Should you not recall, what was your favourite?
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Re: Most Requested Songs At The Club

Post by 13_temple_street »

A good question Peter, it has never crossed my mind to think of the most requested songs or instrumentals there probably were some,unfortunatly I don't have the answer.
The Iron Door Club was open for business seven nights per week plus lunchtimes
On average we would be booking five bands per day.Weekly approx 30 to 35 bands.
Each band would average at least eight or nine songs per session,three bands on average would possible cover in the region of thirty songs/instrumentals, over the week it would amount up to a phenomenal output of two hundred and ten instrumentals /songs, added to this figure would be the all night sessions ten bands extra per month..
The bands would try not to duplicate, but on these figures it would be an impossibility.
The icing on the cake would be each bands interpretation of the song ,this would become the most interesting aspect of the evening, also bands would practice to keep up with the tremendous competition and change their version every few weeks.
Here you have a understanding of how the Mersey Sound developed.

I was interested in all the versions there was always something good to listen to.I was a sucker for anything by Fat's Domino "still am"

Return to “Iron Door Club Forum: by Geoff Hogarth”