Researching At The Liverpool Library

Discuss the early days of the Club with the manager.
admin
Site Admin

Researching At The Liverpool Library

Post by admin »

Geoff: I know that you are no stranger to the Liverpool Library when it comes to researching the Iron Door Club. I am wondering, is the information that you collect from microfiche or computer archives.

It would be great if you could find some early history about the buttery factory that became the Iron Door Club. Would deed searches get you information regarding the properties on Temple Street? It is also hard to believe that there are not more photos of the streetscape during the late 1950s and early 1960s.
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Re: Researching At The Liverpool Library

Post by 13_temple_street »

Yes Peter, I have spent a great deal of time at the Liverpool Reference Library mainly searching the Liverpool Echo, for advertisements we placed in the late 50/60s,they have a facility to view and print from microfiche.
Your suggestion of a deed search is a good one and would probable result in some answers.
Incidentally the photograph of the outside of the Iron Door in Temple Street (circa 1963) illustrating Pam Beesley's article on the Iron Door Web site under the heading "My First Time" Pamela recently informed me that her son discovered the photograph in Holland knowing his mothers interest in the club sent it to her.

The Liverpool Library has an extensive photograph section of Liverpool,to the best of my knowledge only one of Temple Street ,Liverpool 2 which is displayed on one of Peter McCormacks articles on the site.

Return to “Iron Door Club Forum: by Geoff Hogarth”