McCartney and Leach Cross Paths Again

Discuss the early days of the Club with the manager.
admin
Site Admin

McCartney and Leach Cross Paths Again

Post by admin »

Geoff Hogarth sents the following. Thanks for this information, Geoff.
"I have a photograph of Sam Leach and Paul McCartney taken in the trophy room of Liverpool Football Club Stadium shortly after Paul had finished his spot playing to an alleged audience of over 36,000 people in May 2008 as part of the Capital of Culture celebrations.

Scores of Pauls' relations were waiting to see him backstage. Sam was ushered in to see Paul first,they put their arms around each other and both said how well each looked,for once Sam was stuck for words the picture was taken it was all over in a couple of minutes.

The Zutons(Liverpool) Kaiser Chiefs (Leeds) were the supporting acts.

Paul and his band were supposed to come of the stage at 10-30 in the evening under strict rules laid down by Liverpool City Council. Paul managed to sneak back and perform solo for another 4 songs.
Attachments
paulandsam.jpg
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
pc31

Re: McCartney and Leach Cross Paths Again

Post by pc31 »

sam has the best pictures from that early beatles era...what do you think allan willams paid him to use them in that book he didn't write that was put out????
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Re: McCartney and Leach Cross Paths Again

Post by 13_temple_street »

Hi Marshall
I am not aware of any monetary arrangements between Alan Williams and Sam Leach
If you have information I would be very interested to read about it.
I agree Sam did appear to have some of the best early photographs of the Beatles in his book's.
Dick Mathews was responsible for most of the early Beatles photo's.Dick allowed Sam access to all his pictures free of copy-right.
Some months before the Beatles Anthology book was published Apple purchased all of Dick's
photographs and the copy-right .

Sam's first book was called 'Beatles on Broadway' published by Thompson's Press this was a big book publishing and newspaper printing organization.
Allegedly Sam managed to secure an appointment with the head of this organization (Thompson)who turned his book down.
Sam was back the next day at the Thompson offices and for a further four days waiting to try and persuade Thompson to change his mind,eventually his perseverance paid of Thompson's son reversed his fathers decision and agreed to publish the book.

Return to “Iron Door Club Forum: by Geoff Hogarth”