Beat Goes On....

Discuss the early days of the Club with the manager.
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Beat Goes On....

Post by 13_temple_street »

http://culturechat.merseyblogs.co.uk/20 ... es-on.html

Clicking on the above address should reveal an article which appeared in the Liverpool Echo on July 11 2008,submitted by Catherine Jones the Liverpool Daily Post and Echo Liverpool Capitol of Culture chief reporter.
I have been urged to place the missive on the Iron Door forum to relate the story regarding the dress
The museum asked me to find a dress that someone wore in the 1960 to be placed in a prominent position in a large glass display cabinet alongside approx ten other dresses or uniforms from that period.
The dress in question was purchased in 1961 and worn by the lady who worked in the cloakroom at the Iron Door Club prior to her going to university.She distinctly remembers wearing it in the club for the 'Beatles Farewell Party' March 15 1962.
Brian Epstein had informed me that this date would be the last date the Beatles would be available to play at the Iron Door because they would be embarking down a road to venues outside of Liverpool.History has shown where this road ended.
The beat-goes-on exhibition is a honest approach to the musical history of Liverpool from the 1940s to 2008.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Re: Beat Goes On....

Post by royclough »

Yes I went there recently Geoff was going to take some pics even though notices on door stated No Photos, but as soon as I got my camera out my OH threw a wobbler and threatened to disown me, so for a quite life I didn't bother.

I think her stance stems from a Hank Marvin gig I went to, where purely for my own use, I sort of secretly recorded, on a small walkman, the show, but passed it to her to put into her handbag, mistake, was spotted by the no camera, recorder police and a burly guy and a burly woman approached me and demanded my player, embarrassing to some degree as we were only two rows her from stage and Hank was playing Sleepwalk, I resisted but in end OH threatened me so I gave them the cassette, would have been a rubbish recording anyway.
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Roy,I was pleased to read that you had visited 'The Beat Goes On' exhibition organized by the World and Liverpool Museum.
I was concerned that you were thwarted by your OH from taking photographs of the exhibits.I would have been interested to know which of the many items on display interested you?
I particularly liked the Liverpool 8 displays,and of course the stage complete with the steps that Lennon and McCartney would have walked up and down when they performed at St Peters Church in Woolton.
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

The Beat Goes On exhibition at the World Museum Liverpool William Brown Street Liverpool 1 is being de-installed .The exhibition has been a huge success attracting over 467.677 visitors.
A new purpose built Museum has been built on the World Heritage site on the waterfront called the new Museum of Liverpool(NML).
If you missed the Beat Goes On exhibition a new exciting exhibition is being planned in a new space at the NML called the
Creative City gallery this exhibition will be dedicated to the 'Beat Period' of Liverpool's musical history.The exhibition will open late 2010 early 2011. Details on the Museums web site.
I understand that the Iron Door Club will figure prominently and the replica plaque will be exhibited not in a glass case but on a wall where it can be touched.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great news, Geoff. We would love photos of the new home after the move.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Iron Door Club Forum: by Geoff Hogarth”