Howie Casey still going strong

Discuss the early days of the Club with the manager.
hamilton_square

Howie Casey still going strong

Post by hamilton_square »

Calling Geoff Hogarth … if you are still out there, just to let you know that at the ripe age of 74, Howie Casey is still blowing away on his sax and being paid for it. I do hope everything is alright with you because I note that you haven’t logged into the site for near six months.

As can be seen from the below advertising poster, over then weekend of the 13th – 15th May, The Howie Casey Band fronted by Roy Young appeared at the Seacroft Holiday Centre, Hemsby, Norfolk …

Recently posted on Youtube are the closing couple of numbers of that performance …

You’ve got to admit Geoff, Howie Casey looks good for his age.
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Re: Howie Casey still going strong

Post by 13_temple_street »

Peter; Your Howie Casey contribution on the Iron Door forum sparked a not too distant memory of attending the last tour of the UK undertaken by Little Richard, I was privileged to be invited to his last performance at the Olympia (LOCARNO) West Derby Road Liverpool 6, he was accompanied on this occasion with a backing band of at least sixteen accomplished musicians.The sound and arrangements of the music were unforgettable, as I listened to your Howie Casey video of Roy Young and the accompanying musicians I was back in the Olympia.
Howie Casey was almost unrecognisable without his trade mark 'Pork Pie Hat' I agree he looks a young seventy four, I was impressed with the line-up of his band; the introduction of a brass section along with Roy Young's very confident performance on the key-board.

Judging by the poster advertising the three day event the organisers are to be congratulated on what must have been a wonderful show.

Return to “Iron Door Club Forum: by Geoff Hogarth”