RINGO TALKS ABOUT THE IRON DOOR

Discuss the early days of the Club with the manager.
admin
Site Admin

Re: RINGO TALKS ABOUT THE IRON DOOR

Post by admin »

Geoff I can't seem to find it.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Post by 13_temple_street »

What comes out in this interview is Ringo's vast gift of ordinariness his ready Liverpool wit. He appears to get sentimental when reminiscing about playing in the Iron Door with Rory.This observation is hardly surprising taking into consideration the number of appearances the band made at the club. Peter McCormack has written a short synopsis on the Rory Storm band on the Iron Door site.Ringo's remarks in the interview of submitting his efforts at song writing to Lennon & McCartney who dismiss his efforts. Never the less I believe he became a valid member of the group, summed up by the song 'With a Little Help From My Friends' his singing style wasn't the best, this does not alarm the other band members who appear not to care
'What would you do if I sang out of tune'........
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here are some samples from Ringo's most recent CD, Ringo 2012.

http://www.nme.com/news/ringo-starr/61722

Ringo has always been a good story teller and In Liverpool is a classic with much rich imagery of the port city and his early days.

In LIverpool

When I was a kid in liverpool
The rain never stopped but the sun always shone in my mind in liverpool
The streets were long and wide
There were places we could hide in our minds

Walking to Sefton Park and its a beautiful day
But we should be going to school but anyway

Me and the boys me and the gang
Living out fantasies
Breaking the rules acting like fools that's how it was for me
How was it for you

And here comes the sun
in liverpool
An apprentice engineer but I had something very clear in my mind
in liverpool
Music was my goal in my heart and in my soul and in my mind

Walking to the iron door on a beautiful night
But I knew I wanted more it felt so right

Me and the girls me and my band
Living out fantasies
How was it for you
How was it for you
How was it for you
How was it for you

Me and the boys me and the band
Living our fantasies
Me and the boys me and the band
Living our fantasies
How was it for you
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Thank you Peter for posting information regarding Ringo Starr's new Cd. It is now well documented on the Iron Door forum and site that Ringo performed with the Rory Storm band at the club probably more than any other group.
We are all aware that arguable the Beatles were the most successful band that the world has ever known,for a short time playing at vast stadiums in front of thousands of fans.This was very exciting times for the four lads from varied backgrounds from Liverpool, it is amazing that Ringo should appear to get emotional when talking about playing at the Iron Door, more than fifty years after his last appearance, this revelation has both surprised and shocked me, that he has not forgotten his time at 13 Temple Street, Liverpool 2. "PEACE AND LOVE RINGO"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ringo seems to have many fond memories of the early days, Geoff and it is especially moving that he has a special place in his heart for the Iron Door Club and Liverpool.

Let us hope he will add a few more stories for us to write about in the years ahead.

Thanks for your role in "showing him the ropes." :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is just excellent, Geoff! You have to love Ringo. The reference to the Iron Door is priceless. :D

13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Continuing, the drummer explained: "Right now, I'd rather put it quickly in a song, snippets of part of my life. Everybody talks about the Cavern Club, but in this new track, I actually mention the Iron Door, which was a much better club, it was more of a real rock club."
Ringo interview talking about 'Walking to the Iron Door on a beautiful night'.

Return to “Iron Door Club Forum: by Geoff Hogarth”