The Iron Door Part 1 on Youtube

Discuss the early days of the Club with the manager.
the39steps

The Iron Door Part 1 on Youtube

Post by the39steps »

In the documentary "Iron Door Part 1", at 6 minutes 13 seconds in during the King Size Taylor interview, there is a two or three second clip which shows the Tea bar in the Iron Door.

Is there any more of this footage? Do you know where this footage is from? Was it from the ABC-TV Manchester pilot "Scaffold Cellar" and would you know if this footage is still around.

And would it be possible to identify the two men and the woman serving them the drinks. I'm asking as I believe her name was Sandra and she worked behind the tea bar occasionally.
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Re: The Iron Door Part 1 on Youtube

Post by 13_temple_street »

Edward, The Iron Door produced the film part 1/2. I have all the original footage. I will endeavour to try and identify the person's behind the coffee bar. On the all-night session's at the Iron Door I also worked in the coffee bar.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A very nice video, with nice footage of Geoff.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Post by 13_temple_street »

download/file.php?id=29854&mode=view

Edward Hodson (39 Steps) mentions his sister working in the coffee bar at the Iron Door. The above photograph depicts a section of the coffee bar.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is a fantastic period photo. Thanks for the link Geoff.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Iron Door Club Forum: by Geoff Hogarth”