Where to buy Rickenbacker parts?

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

danoadam

Where to buy Rickenbacker parts?

Post by danoadam »

Pick of the Ricks wants $14.68 shipped for a dozen rubber grommets. That seems crazy to me and they're even more on eBay! Can parts be ordered directly from Rickenbacker?
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Re: Where to buy Rickenbacker parts?

Post by xpitt »

yes, check the RIC site and go to boutique, not outside US.
collin

Post by collin »

Always support RIC and dealers if you can. But grommets are basic hardware store material. Buy them at any decent hardware store (or online at McMaster Carr) for less than pennies.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good information Colin. But at the same time the old apple and oranges story applies. I have been warned that some grommets at hardware stores are not rubber or 100% rubber and may react with guitar finishes in a nasty way.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Those grommets won't be cheaper directly from RIC since the RIC dealers I know of charge the same price RIC does for parts. Shipping will also be cheaper from a dealer.
collin

Post by collin »

admin wrote:Good information Colin. But at the same time the old apple and oranges story applies. I have been warned that some grommets at hardware stores are not rubber or 100% rubber and may react with guitar finishes in a nasty way.

Have you seen a Rickenbacker from the last 30 years with it's toaster off?

Major reaction on the finish where the grommets sat. Same with the foam pickup surrounds, they all reacted with the CV finish. The new UV finish may be different, but I honestly doubt the factory grommets are any different rubber material from the type available at quality hardware suppliers in the U.S.

They're cheap as chips -- http://www.mcmaster.com/#push-in-grommets/=13vumyi
farace

Post by farace »

aceonbass wrote:Those grommets won't be cheaper directly from RIC since the RIC dealers I know of charge the same price RIC does for parts. Shipping will also be cheaper from a dealer.
I don't know if it's just because I bought a brand-new 4003 from them, but my local dealer gave me a good discount off list price when I needed parts for my '83 4003 (and no shipping).
--Bob

2015 4003 FG
1992 4003FL FG
1983 4003 WAL

Gone (stolen) but not forgotten, 1978 4001 WHT

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”