The Sticker

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

The Sticker

Postby (iiipopes) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:23 am

I have seen much discussion on the "decal" or "sticker." (Made in USA) My position: I bought my instruments before it was a "thing." We all know RIC instruments are made in the USA. If I ever get another RIC instrument, and I do want a 1981 330 to go with my other three Ricks, I will probably take the sticker off to avoid the grunge of the glue residue when it wears off. Then again, I conduct the concert band at our regional federal veterans cemetery for the observances on Memorial Day, so I understand those wanting to keep the sticker on the instrument as long as possible. The bottom line: we all enjoy our Rickenbacker guitars. Instead of debating the sticker, enjoy the music along with our brothers and sisters wherever they may be, who also enjoy Rickenbacker instruments.
User avatar
(iiipopes)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: The Sticker

Postby (Tommy) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:07 pm

Why does it have to stay on the guitar? Just take the sticker off and stick it onto the manual that comes with the guitar. Keep that in the case. There you go, you still have that sticker.
User avatar
(Tommy)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:49 am

Re: The Sticker

Postby (iiipopes) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Tommy wrote:Why does it have to stay on the guitar? Just take the sticker off and stick it onto the manual that comes with the guitar. Keep that in the case. There you go, you still have that sticker.

Yes, indeed.
User avatar
(iiipopes)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: The Sticker

Postby (JANGLE) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:46 pm

I recently put the sticker back on my 330 and the change in tone is stunning.
(JANGLE)
New member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:20 pm

Re: The Sticker

Postby (scoobster28) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Was it a vintage sticker or the more modern, scatterwound sticker?
(scoobster28)
Veteran RRF member
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2001 2:16 pm
Location: Loudonville, NY

Re: The Sticker

Postby (wim) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:17 pm

JANGLE wrote:I recently put the sticker back on my 330 and the change in tone is stunning.

I bought a second sticker and it made my 330 killer!
User avatar
(wim)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:37 am
Location: Flanders fields

Re: The Sticker

Postby (radapaw) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:04 am

just out of curiosity.... I've seen so many old instruments with ghost outlines of the sticker that got removed 20 years ago...are all these basses with the sticker left on going to have a big bright white oval right in the middle of the guard when the sticker falls off?
(radapaw)
New member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: The Sticker

Postby (Korladis) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:18 pm

radapaw wrote:just out of curiosity.... I've seen so many old instruments with ghost outlines of the sticker that got removed 20 years ago...are all these basses with the sticker left on going to have a big bright white oval right in the middle of the guard when the sticker falls off?

That is one of the issues with leaving it on, yes.
(Korladis)
New member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:44 pm
Location: Northern California


Return to Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests