Accent Vibrato (wave washer)

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

El Fug

Accent Vibrato (wave washer)

Post by El Fug »

I recently picked up a 360v64 and, as I'm a vibrato junkie, I bought an Accent unit for it. However, I'm having a little trouble keeping the arm where I want it and also keeping it from coming unscrewed. I searched the forum and I found an old post about this very issue, and John Hall and one of the other members mentioned using a wave-type washer to fix the vibrato arm in place.

Does anybody use a wave washer with their accent vibrato? If so, where exactly do you put it? And what size? Alternatively, if anybody has come up with a different hack or solution to the arm problems, that would be great to know about too. I can work around pretty much anything, but the fact that the arm keeps coming unscrewed is no bueno.

Thank you!
ChuckEds

Re: Accent Vibrato (wave washer)

Post by ChuckEds »

You want to get a 7/16" wavey washer and put it in on top so it's right under the screw. A drop of machine oil helps too. You can get them at any hardware store or home center.
El Fug

Post by El Fug »

ChuckEds wrote:You want to get a 7/16" wavey washer and put it in on top so it's right under the screw. A drop of machine oil helps too. You can get them at any hardware store or home center.
Thank you SO much!!!
El Fug

Post by El Fug »

ChuckEds wrote:You want to get a 7/16" wavey washer and put it in on top so it's right under the screw. A drop of machine oil helps too. You can get them at any hardware store or home center.
One further question: Do you use the wave washer in conjunction with the plastic washer that comes with the Accent, or do you use it by itself? Thank you again.
ChuckEds

Post by ChuckEds »

Mine doesn't have a plastic washer. Doesn't look like there's room for anything beside the wavy washer.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”