ralph

Do I Have Your Tom Petty Certificate?

Post by ralph »

I POSTED THIS BEFORE ABOUT A YEAR AGO & GOT NO
RESPONCE SO I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY AGAIN
WHEN I BOUGHT MY TOM PETTY 660 A FEW YEARS AGO
IT CAME WITH THE WRONG CERTIFICATE. I CONTACTED
RICKENBACKER & FOR A $25.00 FEE THEY SENT ME
A DUPLICATE CERTIFICATE FOR MY GUITAR. I STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE FOR ANOTHER TOM
PETTY 660.SO IF THERE ARE ANY TOM PETTY OWNERS
OUT THERE MISSING ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH SERIAL # & I WILL WORK OUT AN ARRANGEMENT TO SEND YOU CORRECT CERTIFICATE IF IT
IS THE ONE I HAVE.
mortivan

Post by mortivan »

I'm assuming you're asking for a serial number to determine if the certificate you have matches the "lucky" poster's serial number. Kinda unlikely, no? A bit like Lotto, no?

Look at it this way: anybody who bought a 660TP certainly paid for it, and received authenticity of it. If not, they would have rectified the situation by now.

You may have paid $25 more for your RIC than others. So be it. Why are you trying to pass off a certificate that has been given to you by mistake to someone else?
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Actually, it sounds like Ralph is trying to be a nice guy by pairing up his incorrectly serialized certificate with it's rightful owner. It stands to reason that someone else got his since I'm sure RIC didn't print duplicates initially. There's a 4001CS on e-Bay right now with NO certificate at all! Of course he's not going to tell us all what the serial# is in advance. He didn't even say he wanted anything for it.
ralph

Post by ralph »

DANE IS CORRECT, I HAVE A CERTIFICATE THAT I REC'D
INCORRECTELY WITH MY TP 660. SOMEONE OUT THERE
HAS A TOM PETTY WITHOUT A CERTIFICATE, I AM JUST
TYING TO HELP THAT PERSON GET THE CORRECT CERTIFICATE FOR HIS/HER GUITAR WITHOUT DEALING WITH RICKENBACKER.ACTUALLY IF I WERE TO CONNECT WITH THAT PERSON MAYBE THEY HAVE THE CORRECT
CERTIFICATE FOR MY GUITAR ??ALL I NEED IS SERIAL#
OF GUITAR WITH MISSING CERTIFICATE & IF IT MATCHES
THE ONE I HAVE I WILL MAKE SURE THEY GET IT.
FYI!! IF YOU HAVE ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE FOR E48006
82/1000 THAT IS THE ONE I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN
I AM NOT PULLING ANY ShADY DEAL HERE JUST TRYING TO HELP !!
ralph

Post by ralph »

footnote, i bought my tom petty not knowing it had wrong certificate & when i called music store
i bought it from later to inquire about it he
didn't know what the hell i was talking about
& wouldn't help me.to them it was " oh well "
i am sure this has happened to other people as well so MOTIVAN settle down.also when you check e-bay there seems to be quite few guitars advertised without certifates. i guess i could throw it out but with a forum like this there is a possibility i could get it to proper person.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ralph: My view is that the Rickenbacker Forum is certainly the place to raise this issue and I consider that you have done it in a sensitive and appropriate manner. With hundreds of thousands of Rickenbacker instruments in the marketplace, simply based on the laws of probability alone, some things are bound to slip through the cracks. Let's hope you make someone out there very happy.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
mortivan

Post by mortivan »

Ralph,

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude.

The proliferation of "shady deals" re: Ric's, notably a recent EBay auction of a 660TP nameplate, pickguard and certificate kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

What you're doing is not at all "shady."

Again, I apologize.
Adrian.p

Re: Do I Have Your Tom Petty Certificate?

Post by Adrian.p »

Hi ..... 15 years later and I've noticed this post!!!!! DOH!!
Is the certificate still available ... I've never had one for mine and it just might be the one???
Fingers Crossed.
Thanks
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Adrian, welcome, and may I say, congratulations on one of the best first posts ever!!!!!! :D
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Whoever this "Ralph" was (some old RRF accounts that didn't migrate properly don't have any other info than what you see, as I understand it - could be wrong), seems to have sold HIS guitar in 2005 per the RRF register:

http://www.rickresource.com/register/vi ... 6order%3D6

It was registered here as a "collected info" in 2012 (like from ebay sales data, as opposed to the owner registering it themselves)

Good luck though, keep searching! The admins here may be able to dig up the old contact info!

Might be worth trying this guy from the archives:

Name: RALPH PERTA BAND
E-mail address: perta@iland.net
Homepage URL: http://www.majorlabelrecords.com
Ricks You Own: 330 12-string & a 620

Comments: listen to my new single on mp3.com it features my 330 it's called one hit wonder
Monday August 9th 1999 09:25:06
Adrian.p

Post by Adrian.p »

Blimey!!! Thanks jdogric12 ...always worth a search and I'm glad I've been given best first post ever status!!! I'm a legend in an instant!! :D

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”