So the DCMs were originally going to be a Dark Wine-Glo? Image
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

It is whispered around area Santa Ana AA meetings (Acronyms Anonymous that is) that originally the finish was going to be called Dark Wine Metallic, in honor of certain persons unnamed herein, but what with the resulting acronym becoming the awkward "DWM" (too easily confused with Doctor of Winery Medication, y'see), it is said that in true CEO-fashion, JH wisely renamed it Dark Cherry Metallic, resulting in the pleasing acronym we all know and love today, the "DCM" Image

I think I need to go visit Snopes.com to make sure that rumor is just an urban fable, like the $50 new corvette that the guy died in the day he drove it off the lot new...
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
ben_hall
RIC

Post by ben_hall »

There were a slew of names we threw around for DCM. I, upon discovering the color that fateful day, advocated Metallic Burgundy.

The wine monikers came a couple days later and my suggestion for Merlotglo was soundly rejected...

I still remember opening that "Fireglo" paint container and looking at what would become DCM. Eric and I were rather astounded by the snafu...
leesh
Advanced Member

Post by leesh »

I first thought that it was a roman numerals thing with "DCM" not realizing that it would have been LXXV. What can I say...I'm blonde.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

But certainly not dumb!! I'm grey and old.... old timer's setting in and I'm losing my memory. Well .... at least I think I thought I was the last time I thought I remembered who I thought I was ........... that is, I thought I ..... oh, never mind!
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
patrickkelly

Post by patrickkelly »

I was trying to put a pic up in this message, but I can't get the handshake to work.

Sorry, but this site would be a lot more enjoyable if it were easier for forum users to insert images without knowing html code...
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I don't know a lick of html. Your frustration can probably be traced to the file size restrictions, which surely are in place because bandwidth is 'spensive. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

No knowledge of HTML code is required whatsoever to put up images on this forum.
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Maybe someday, if Peter will relent and let one of my companies provide free bandwidth and hosting for the Forum software, those file size restrictions will be lifted Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
patrickkelly

Post by patrickkelly »

Sorry, I guess I'm used to the ease of use of certain other sites. Navigating around this site is a chore in my opinion, and always has been.

It's OK if you don't share my opinion, I'm just sayin'.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”