RRF Consultant

Re: NAMM 2012

Post by jps »

Standard color. 8)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Great pictures guys! Thanks for getting them posted!
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

ummmm-CHECKERBOARD BINDING!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:o :D
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

Call me old fashioned........but I like the Fireglo ones too! :wink:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

fireglo67 wrote:
godber wrote:
billydlight wrote:17 pages. :? The final note is that the big Ric NAMM secret is "Ruby"? Nothing else? bummer :(
Aw c'mon Billy, you know that Rickenbacker rarely do a big "TA-DA!" at NAAM, it's an evolution thing and stuff quietly happens throughout the year.
Well said fella, I wondered how long it would be before the grumbles started. :roll:

Anyway, back to the new and totally fab Ruby...
Does anyone know if this will run alongside all the current colours or is it replacing something like the Mid Blue?
Rob this is now a standard color. alongside the current ones, not replacing anything.
Several of us at the NAMM show were also wondering how long it would take before the grumbles started.
After a great effort by the RIC team to add a beautiful new color to the line up on their great guitars, Then after hours spent taking/resizing and posting pics by Gary and I, we have to read such dlightful comments. Gee, thanks! :roll:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
eric_b
RIC

Post by eric_b »

Haha, I'd have been kinda disappointed if there were no grumbles! Not EVERYONE deserves to be happy you know :twisted:
"It's not the obscene thick gloss, but how it's applied"
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

rickenbrother wrote: hours spent taking/resizing and posting pics

You guys need better software!!! :lol:
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

can you get that checkerboard binding on a 4003 now? i mean,if they have it on a guitar,why not a bass?
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

eric_b wrote:Haha, I'd have been kinda disappointed if there were no grumbles! Not EVERYONE deserves to be happy you know :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

woodyng wrote:ummmm-CHECKERBOARD BINDING!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Wondered when someone would mention this.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

rickenbrother wrote: Several of us at the NAMM show were also wondering how long it would take before the grumbles started.
After a great effort by the RIC team to add a beautiful new color to the line up on their great guitars, Then after hours spent taking/resizing and posting pics by Gary and I, we have to read such dlightful comments. Gee, thanks! :roll:
Let this be a lesson to you Joey – in the future, just don’t post ANY photos. Too much of a risk that someone won’t like what you post. And you wouldn’t want to waste your precious time taking, re-touching, and posting photos if there is a chance someone won’t like them. The nerve of these people! In fact, why stop at photos? You may as well just stop with all those pesky words too - they just tend to angry up the blood.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

cassius987 wrote:
woodyng wrote:ummmm-CHECKERBOARD BINDING!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Wondered when someone would mention this.
Am I missing something? What checkered binding? You mean on the guitars?
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

sloop_john_b wrote:
rickenbrother wrote: Several of us at the NAMM show were also wondering how long it would take before the grumbles started.
Let this be a lesson to you Joey – in the future, just don’t post ANY photos. Too much of a risk that someone won’t like what you post. And you wouldn’t want to waste your precious time taking, re-touching, and posting photos if there is a chance someone won’t like them. The nerve of these people! In fact, why stop at photos? You may as well just stop with all those pesky words too - they just tend to angry up the blood.
Well, I did take some videos as well. I not going to bother editing and posting them. Why take the time and then read negative remarks?
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

Keep those photos coming! 8)
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Yes,John, there was a posted pic of a mapleglo guitar with CB binding. so we know 2 things....IT EXISTS,AND RIC HAS IT!
:P
Yes i was shouting that last bit...it kind of excited me to see the CB!

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”