NAMM 2012

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: NAMM 2012

Post by rickenbrother »

Wildberry wrote:Now, that is one really nice looking 381! Video on Youtube to show it off?
I could, but I'm tired of having a particular dummy storage website claiming my vids and website content as their own.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Joey, thanks for posting the photos of the Ruby 381. I can't get enough of it, and it appears your camera photographed it just right.

Bob, you, sir are a lucky man! How does it play? You can't help but take time to stare at, can you? I know I wouldn't!

Thanks for the welcome back, everyone. I've missed being here and all the friends I've got. No, Ivan, I have not been partying. I may be 21, but I don't party. And Werner, the only English class I'm in is British Literature. Quite a good class really. At any rate, I've made plans to return to Southern California for SCARF '12. As soon as I get the word, I'm making my plans. Hopefully, this year someone(s) will have a 360/12 Carl Wilson model and a new RUBY for display.
stringsncords
Intermediate Member

Post by stringsncords »

JakeK wrote:Joey, thanks for posting the photos of the Ruby 381. I can't get enough of it, and it appears your camera photographed it just right.

Bob, you, sir are a lucky man! How does it play? You can't help but take time to stare at, can you? I know I wouldn't!

Thanks for the welcome back, everyone. I've missed being here and all the friends I've got. No, Ivan, I have not been partying. I may be 21, but I don't party. And Werner, the only English class I'm in is British Literature. Quite a good class really. At any rate, I've made plans to return to Southern California for SCARF '12. As soon as I get the word, I'm making my plans. Hopefully, this year someone(s) will have a 360/12 Carl Wilson model and a new RUBY for display.

Hey Jake,

Yes- it's absolutely magnificent; a true work of art. It plays amazingly well; the action was perfect right out of the case, and even Chris Clayton said that it's one of the nicest 381's he's ever seen. This is my first 381, and I must say that they are certainly awesome instruments. The vintage case is a bit deeper than some of the other silver cases that I have, and it's tightly form-fitting, and really HEAVY; the price you pay for perfection!

And yes, I stare at it a LOT - daytime, nighttime...I'm sure that it will look great in stage lighting, too.

Nice to have you back, Jake!

Bob
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

JakeK wrote: EDIT: Apparently, I reached 4600 posts. How do I do it?
How? You skip school, don't go out at night, order food in and have a fast computer. That's just a guess though. :)
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

simer4001 wrote:How? You skip school, don't go out at night, order food in and have a fast computer. That's just a guess though. :)
He'd be at 46k then, not 4600... I can know I've posted a few hundred k posts on a certain music website during my university time :lol:

Anyone going to be at Messe this year? I'll be there 22 March
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

May be taking this girl home with me tomrrow when I vist POTR...
P1190484[1].jpg
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Every indication I see there suggests it's a male.
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

johnhall wrote:Every indication I see there suggests it's a male.
Actually Mr Hall sir, Im talking about the bass, and not Joey Vasco to the left of the picture, and the gentleman to the right...in Which case all instruments to me are female, acutally that might not even be the right bass, I was looking at the midblu 4004L from the NAMM show at POTR on Saturday, and have to go back tomorrow while im there may just take that one home, love the new fretboard wood you are useing, by the way, Kudos on the the TV Yellow and Special Green 4001C64 basses, the necks on them are very thin compared to my old 06, and both of them have become my favorite and main basses, left the rounds on the T V Yellow and had the cap bypassed and put flats on the Special Green but left the cap alone, they are a deadly combo, thank you sir for produceing them , I am extremly happy with themm..
Last edited by ricaddic on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I think he was talking about the... um... appendage, that on a certain bass model has been mentioned as looking like part of a donkey's anatomy...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

ricaddic wrote:
Actually Mr Hall sir, Im talking about the bass, and not Joey Vasco to the left of the picture, and the gentleman to the right...in Which case all instruments to me are female, acutally that might not even be the right bass, I was looking at the midblu 4004L from the NAMM show at POTR on Saturday, and have to go back tomorrow while im there may just take that one home, love the new fretboard wood you are useing, by the way, Kudos on the the TV Yellow and Special Green 4001C64 basses, the necks on them are very thin compared to my old 06, and both of them have become my favorite and main basses, left the rounds on the T V Yellow and had the cap bypassed and put fats on the Special Green but left the cap alone, they are a deadly combo, thank you sir for produceing them , I am extremly happy with themm..
That's one heck of a long... sentence!
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

cjj wrote:I think he was talking about the... um... appendage, that on a certain bass model has been mentioned as looking like part of a donkey's anatomy...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey, whatever floats your boat, im not into animal sex, hey but as long as your happy, who am I to judge ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

cassius987 wrote:
ricaddic wrote:
Actually Mr Hall sir, Im talking about the bass, and not Joey Vasco to the left of the picture, and the gentleman to the right...in Which case all instruments to me are female, acutally that might not even be the right bass, I was looking at the midblu 4004L from the NAMM show at POTR on Saturday, and have to go back tomorrow while im there may just take that one home, love the new fretboard wood you are useing, by the way, Kudos on the the TV Yellow and Special Green 4001C64 basses, the necks on them are very thin compared to my old 06, and both of them have become my favorite and main basses, left the rounds on the T V Yellow and had the cap bypassed and put fats on the Special Green but left the cap alone, they are a deadly combo, thank you sir for produceing them , I am extremly happy with themm..
That's one heck of a long... sentence!
Im very talented that way... :lol: :lol:
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

ricaddic wrote:
cassius987 wrote: That's one heck of a long... sentence!
Could you diagram that sentence and then post it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The best things in life aren't things."
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

ken_j wrote:
ricaddic wrote:
cassius987 wrote: That's one heck of a long... sentence!
Could you diagram that sentence and then post it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually yes I can, and did, I got it around here somewhere, hold will post it when I find it... :lol: :lol:
wim
Intermediate Member

Post by wim »

Last time I looked, my 4001 was still female.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”